If Interested call or text 1-616-808-7819

Click image for larger version

Name:	REED SALE sm.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	1,020.7 KB
ID:	451512

"BUMP"

Comment

John, Have you been running these much? Especially the new stops. Not sure but I think mercury's might have been some type of mild steel cause we bend to set easily. Stainless can be brittle in some cases. Interested but concerned.

Comment

• john527
        john527 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are using 304 stainless, this is very mild and forms nicely, unlike 400 series stainless.

do these cross over to the 20h

Comment

• john527
        john527 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they do

Originally posted by Mike 41P View Post
      do these cross over to the 20h
      Mike, Look for the 650 / 65HP Mercs and pull the reed cages..... Longer stops and same material.......
      Cage won't work but the longer stops will keep your reeds from "Roll over" fray or hitting crank
      Bottom left pic I believe has them ?

No HP gain, just extended reed life !......
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-17-2017, 05:43 AM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

My experience with long reed stops has not been good.Very easy for the crankshaft to catch the the tip of the stops and do major damage. Make darn sure you get end clearance & centered properly and taper off the tips of the stops. I quit using them years ago. And yes the Sobel stops do hit the crank and wear off and fray. When I talked to them I thought they were going to shorten the reeds. As it stands now I will not use them.

Comment

• john527
          john527 commented
          Editing a comment
          Art, I do not recall you ever buying reed stops from us as stated in your post, and as for the shorter laminate reeds I do have them now if you are interested, I sent you a PM

Did not buy the reed stops from you. Used the long 650 stops the same length as your stops. Even rounding off and tapering the stops I had problems. I did talk to you or your brother about the problems I I had with the set of reeds I got from you all. They were hitting the crank and wearing and fraying off. Was told that he would get back to me with a solution, never heard back anything. I assumed from your posts that you were not going to shorten the reeds. I certainly would be interested if that is the case, Art

Comment

John sent you a PM

Comment

• john527
            john527 commented
            Editing a comment
            Art, your custom cut reeds are in the mail, if you have rubbing with these, then you defiantly need to double check your end play and/or the taper you have cut on your crank.
            Best of luck!

"bump bump"

Comment

"bump bump"

Comment

"bump bump"

Comment

Working...
              X