Mod 44 jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod 44 jetting

So now that I have my engine back together I was wondering what Jets I should start out for the break in process.. I was running 67's at the last but with the two plugs missing it was not rich enough but now I will guess that those jets will be to rich.. What is a good starting point to be safe???
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Start rich, work down one jet size at time... Rich runs badly, but cool with lots of lubricant, Lean runs badly, destroys the motor. Which sounds like the better idea?

BTW, the other key is to load the motor. No idling with nothing on the propshaft. Load it, keep it cool... put time on it.

Moderate timing advance, rich jetting, rich oil mix... Oil is cheaper than parts!

Good luck.

Jerry

Comment

What carbs are you running Mike?

Comment

KA 19's
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Mike
          I sent you a pm

Comment

1/16 drill bit, a few passes while holding the jet with your fingers gives it that nice hour glass shape for extra flow.
            Laugh all you want but it works.

Once did a set at a race with a torch tip cleaner and eye ball to size. Finished third at Nationals with those jets. True story!

Comment

Mike,

Get a set of Ka24's are your intake ports stock? All my mods have stock intake ports as well as Keegans motors. PM me if you cannot find the carbs I have loads of them - I save those. LOL and Jerry is right - really rich, lots of nothing fancy 2 stroke oil to break in, no excessive rpm etc... are you still on a mag, where is it timed - new points - are they dwelled and spring tension set, I spend two days breaking in a new motor.
              Last edited by crankbearing; 06-05-2014, 03:59 PM.
              Dave Scott
              Aim Marine Inc.
              613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
              Ottawa, Canada
              http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
              DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                So now that I have my engine back together I was wondering what Jets I should start out for the break in process.. I was running 67's at the last but with the two plugs missing it was not rich enough but now I will guess that those jets will be to rich.. What is a good starting point to be safe???
                I would suggest you see Alan Vanwheele Or Steve Rosikowski as they make a really great set of high speed needles and seats along with full butterfly's for the KC and KA carbs this is easy safe and very simple on site adjustment to your carbs!

no pulling carbs off engines trying to remove seats etc just loosen the 3/8 packing nut turn high-speed needle in or out to lean or enrich and start with harry brinkmans suggested settings from his manual

they work well most people I know are using this system !! and cost is minimal

good luck have fun
                Randy
                Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                X