Water injected 44?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water injected 44?

This weekend we went testing to see if any of our motors worked.. One engine shows good promise but the other engine is flooding out number 4 cylinder with water.. I come back in and the lower pipe is a grey mud and the #4 plug is all wet with water.. I will add that this motor has a dry filler block set up..Otherwise we had a great time and it was fun for the 62 birthday bash..
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Mike, you most likely do not have a good seal at the base of the power head. I ran into this problem last season and ended up resealing the power head and filler block in the hotel room on Saturday night at my first race. I used the red hi temp silicone on the power head base and the black "Right Stuff" silicone in the aerosol can for the filler block. That is where I would recommend to start looking. Hope this helps.
    Gardner Miller
    Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
    Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.. I will redo the exhaust system.. This was the first time I had put this motor on this tower with a water pump.. I will say that the weekend was fun but the water was a bit cold.. The first time I stepped in the feet went numb in about one minute.. It was 44 degrees..

Comment

Mike, I concur with Gardner, it is most likely the seal at the bottom, you need to plug it with Silicone. That is usuallly the problem. If it is something else, you don't want to know.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Well I have taken apart the exhaust and am resealing it and then I will pack the bottom opening that goes to the exhaust more.. I think since this always worked before on my force fed system that it was not strong enough for a water pump system

Comment

Mike, I run a water pump and don't have a problem anymore. You should be on the right track.
            Gardner Miller
            Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
            Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Working...
            X