Who said it could not be done merc 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morris85C View Post
    Which one do you want?The one under the flywheel or the dist type.
    The one that adds 5 mph!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
      The one that adds 5 mph!
      Then purchase one from Lonnie, and you will pick up 5MPH. Simple as that. Add it to your rig for sale, and it will be 5MPH faster...
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Morris85C View Post
        Which one do you want?The one under the flywheel or the dist type.
        I thought the only option was the flywheel version..I gather there is a version that will go in the mag set up and just eliminates the points???

My goal for a last hurrah is to have three motors ready for next year..I have a new one with Mag, the motor from last year with a flywheel CDI system and the third one is built but needs exhaust, Carb and Ignition..
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I can fix you up with anything you need for your d mod moter.The Ing we run bolts up right where the mag goes. I have exhaust systems an carbs. everything you need to build a good D moter.
          Lonnie Morris

Comment

Don't doubt Lonnie Morris. That's all I'm going to say........... Bryan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Dave an Bryan. All i am trying to do is help people out an steer them in the right direction.I have a lot of stuff here in the shop that needs to be ran.I'm thinking about retiring.After 25years of racing me an the wife are throwing in the towel.I have a lot of stuff here an most of it i will donate it to what i love the most Dmod.
              Lonnie Morris

Comment

Electromotive Ignition

We run a system from Electromotive Ignition. Only moving part is the flywheel, which has the timing ring attached to it. the pickup is mounted next to it where the the the mag mounted. Uses a battery from Cabela`s that ice fisherman use to power their electronics. 3 by 6 in. weighs a little over 2 pounds. We run hyd, & run 4 heats without having to charge battery. Have had very few problems adapting or running problems. We have it on 2 engines and we are building a third that will use it. Once you set the initial timing at TDC their are 4 dials that allow you to set your ignition curve. this is a linear curve. 2 of these systems I bought off Ebay used for a heck of lot less than a new or rebuilt mag or cdi Merc ignition. We have had little or no problems. And I guarantee it has helped the performance. If someone is interested I will help you with advice but I am not interested in doing the work.
                Art K

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
                  We run a system from Electromotive Ignition.
                  Art K
                  Art; -I just googled Electromotive, and certainly looks good,
                  if within the price range?
                  I assume you use the XD1 unit, and if so do you use two twin output coils,
                  or four coils, ie; one per plug?
                  Four strokes may use one dual output coil for 2 alternate firing cylinders,
                  wasting one spark per rev, but the debate continues whether
                  this will work on 2 strokes ?
                  Last edited by bh/; 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM. Reason: sp?
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

We have the XD1 on one engine it uses single post coils off of a Merc Optimax 200. If you have friend in the Marine business you can get them a lot cheaper than
                    Electromotive sells them for. The early style ignitions have 2 posts you just ground one plug wire. The early style ignitions were the HPV & HPX You need the 8cyl. version for a f4 cyl Merc because you ground 4 wires.
                    Art K

Comment

Working...
                    X