44 Shaft needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44 Shaft needed

I am looking for a 44 merc output shaft or the shaft that goes from the from the power head to the foot.. Since I will be getting my new foot in a month I need to have one ready to cut to the new length to fit my tower..Just want to be ready.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Repro D shafts

Mike
    Have you looked at our repro drive shafts. We make three versions and can made a good deal on the shaft that we made for cutting down.
    David

Comment

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
      Mike
      Have you looked at our repro drive shafts. We make three versions and can made a good deal on the shaft that we made for cutting down.
      David
      David I did look but when I am done the shaft will only be about 6" long and I was hoping for a little cheaper for a shaft that will end being called "Stubby".
      It is only the 5th of January and I have spent my racing parts budget already.

Comment

D shaft

We have the long shaft that can be cut to size at $200 including shipping.
        David

Comment

driveshaft

Mike you can use any driveshaft out of any of the old 4 cylinder Mercurys. You only want the top splined part and you cut it to length and square the other end to fit your coupling (probablly 12mm). You can usually go by a marina or boat shop and find a bad lower unit off a service motor, cut off the driveshaft and you have what you need. I have had to pay as much as $20 for one and sometimes they will give it to you.

Comment

Mike, check your PM....

-Jon

Comment

thanks folks but I have got what I need thanks to this web site

Comment

Working...
              X