Bob Vieira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Vieira

Any one heard of this guy?? I came across an old prop w/ his name on it. I believe he ran a "d" hydro

Bob Viera

Bob was from Oakland, Ca and raced "B" runabout and other classes. I remember when he and Dick Davidson were chasing the points championship and we raced at the Oakland Estuary and I lost a pair of tennis shoes in the muck as the tide came in and out. I sunk to my knees more than once as we launched Dicks runabout.

One year at Depue, Bobby went over in the bottom turn, and this was when the lake was filling in quite fast in that time period. He went out over the cowling and ended up in the muck. He said he waited to float to the top and wasn't moving. He stuck his hands to the bottom to push himself up and sunk to his elbows. He finally was able to free himself and when he came in, he pulled his helmet off and his head was covered as well.

He was a prety good racer as I remember.

Ray

Comment

Prop

Ray,
      I should have known you would have known who this person was. The race at you mentioned with the muck sounds like Lodi Lake at times years ago lauching from the brick wall.
      Todd

Comment

Well, where ever he is now, he might be happy to know that his old 2-blade Hopkins is still racin' on the rivers of S.Oregon and N. CA

Comment

Working...
        X