D Mod progress report.. Oh WOW!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Mod progress report.. Oh WOW!!!!

We had better luck this weekend and the results were fun for sure... I must first say that this aint not Yamato motor...I will kind of give a blow by blow of the weekend.

Friday we had 5 hours of testing so I ran the C Mod first and all went well but we were planning on some experimenting thru the weekend so we parked it and got the D mod ready. As I was waiting to go out I figured I better get the paddle ready since the first time out lead to 5 paddle ins. Amazingly with one pull we took off and planned out real quick and ran a few laps at half throttle and raised and lowered it a couple hundred rpms for a few laps but then I could not take it any more. I gave it full throttle and nothing happened. I went back to half throttle and nailed it again and nothing happened and then all of a sudden we were flying. I guess when I came back in I had a big smile and found out I had about one lap of fuel left. The wife said she had been watching and said the boat made a big puff of smoke just before it really took off. We made a second run later and the boat was perfect and the power is unreal. When you giver it gas there is no waiting.

Friday I praticed my start and then dropped to the back to see what it was like with other boats out there. The second heat I nailed the start and everyone was late but the motor shut down and I figure I was toast with everone coming at me but I got there attention and the heat was called since I was right in the middle of the turn. That ended Saturday for us. A cranky Kill switch and junk in the fuel lines.

I must say that I ran both boats hard and in rough water and they did everything I wanted them to do so it was a good weekend. Now we can work on set up and some results now.

Sunday was great and I used the power to nail the starts but could not hold off the bigger motors in the corners. It was a lot of fun and the weather was great all weekend with temps in the mid to upper seventys and a light breeze.
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Yur bit! There is no cure...

Comment

Budget D-Mod Build

Well my job is done.... there will be a follow up, "Budget D-Mod Phase Two"
      But for now it's on to other projects...
      Attached Files

Comment

Dale will phase two be how to get a couple more miles per hour Thats all I need now and I also need to get a little more pratice and confidence with the extra power.

The boat looks different. When you going to run it?

Thanks again for getting me into this project. What a ride

Comment

Mr P. that new boat sure looks good on the water.
          Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_dirt View Post
            Mr P. that new boat sure looks good on the water.
            George I do think we got the set up of the boat just about right on.

Comment

a few more pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

hey mike in the pics do u consider that rough water?? thats glass smooth to us guys here in the midwest LOL
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                  hey mike in the pics do u consider that rough water?? thats glass smooth to us guys here in the midwest LOL

Jeff,

Ask Burt about the water they run in out west. He told me they run in stuff that we wouldn't even consider putting the pick up boats in!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                    That was really smooth except when I fell to the back of the pack and then it got a little rough. The larger boats don't seem to mind the rough water like a CSH.

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                      We had better luck this weekend and the results were fun for sure... I must first say that this aint not Yamato motor...I will kind of give a blow by blow of the weekend.

Friday we had 5 hours of testing so I ran the C Mod first and all went well but we were planning on some experimenting thru the weekend so we parked it and got the D mod ready. As I was waiting to go out I figured I better get the paddle ready since the first time out lead to 5 paddle ins. Amazingly with one pull we took off and planned out real quick and ran a few laps at half throttle and raised and lowered it a couple hundred rpms for a few laps but then I could not take it any more. I gave it full throttle and nothing happened. I went back to half throttle and nailed it again and nothing happened and then all of a sudden we were flying. I guess when I came back in I had a big smile and found out I had about one lap of fuel left. The wife said she had been watching and said the boat made a big puff of smoke just before it really took off. We made a second run later and the boat was perfect and the power is unreal. When you giver it gas there is no waiting.

Friday I praticed my start and then dropped to the back to see what it was like with other boats out there. The second heat I nailed the start and everyone was late but the motor shut down and I figure I was toast with everone coming at me but I got there attention and the heat was called since I was right in the middle of the turn. That ended Saturday for us. A cranky Kill switch and junk in the fuel lines.

I must say that I ran both boats hard and in rough water and they did everything I wanted them to do so it was a good weekend. Now we can work on set up and some results now.

Sunday was great and I used the power to nail the starts but could not hold off the bigger motors in the corners. It was a lot of fun and the weather was great all weekend with temps in the mid to upper seventys and a light breeze.
                      when i finally got my D hydro running in 87 it was like daaaaammmm 0 to 80 in 5 seconds or less then it walked rt on up to 85 -86 MPH and just held there no better feeling that i know of to see that speedometer keep tapping on that 86 MPH mark lolol good luck to you sir and have plenty of fun
                      that is 1 advantage of having a speedo vs a GPS you know what it is doing rt off rather than having to wait till you get back to the bank to see your top speed only
                      Attached Files
                      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Working...
                      X