Adjustable Jets Wanted for KA24A Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Jets Wanted for KA24A Carbs

Want to buy a pair of adjustable jets for the KA24A's on my MK58A.

Carb Parts

Here are the carb parts we make.
    Alan
    337-304-0379
    Attached Files

Comment

Alan, I am new to this stuff. Email or call me and tell me what I need.
      Jim
      jwmouw@earthlink.net
      (864) 944-0044

Comment

Carb setup

I will do a carb and photograph the process.
        Alan

Comment

Thanks. Will wait for photo. At that time, please advise if some sort of knobs go on end of the jets for ease of adjustment.

Comment

Are those butterflies bevel-cut or straight up punched?

Thanks.
            Jake

Comment

carb parts

They are bevel cut on a tool we use to build them. They fit the bore of a carb as good the merc ones do.

Alan

Comment

Butterfly's ?

Hard to bevel .032.5 ? whatever closes the venturi. just put a .063 jet in it and GO

Comment

Butterfly bevel

It isn't hard to do after you make the correct tool. Harry Brinkman taught me how to do them right about 20 years ago and I've been making them that way ever since. In addition to the sizes that Alan makes, I have them for the OMC A as well.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

Carb conversion

The conversion of a carb from fixed jet to a needle valve setup is quite east and can possibly be done without renoving the carbs from the engine. First remove the brass plug on the carn and the remove the fixed jet. Be carful to use a screw drive that just fits the slot in the jet and can be rotated without damaging the the threads in the carb. Next replace the jet with a modified jet that is setup to mate with the needle.

You will need a set of doner carbs such as an AJ51 or simular to get the packing gland and the knob. If the needle is long enough to reach the new seat then then tighten the packing gland into the carb base. Make sure you back out the needle so it will not be damaged by tightening the packing gland in. After both carbs are modified set the needle at about 1 7/8 turns open from fully closed. This is a good starting point. If you don't have a test wheel then you will have to set the carbs while underway. Lean them until you start to loose RPM and the go 1/16 turn rich. I would check them a couple times. Also turning the needle valve slowly is require to get the best setup.

The photos shows a KA2A carb ready for conversion and the doner carb.

Alan
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by OldRacerBU; 05-14-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X