44 c.i. motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44 c.i. motors

Can someone tell me what motors are the 44 c.i. blocks aquired from. I have two old 50/500 mercs with the dist ignition and a 3 hole 65. I will remove the cranks and pistons to part out each one if anyone is interested. Every part of each motor is for sale. I also have a 4 cyl 85 with the dist. complete. Thanks Jason.

All of the mercury 44 c.i. blocks will have the words "Super Thunderbolt" cast into them on the intake side of the block. Basically starting with the Merc 500 in the early 60's all the way to the Classic 50 of the early 90's are all 44 c.i. block motors. All of these motors range from 40 -50 hp in their stock fishing form.

All 44's will be 4 cylinder blocks in their configuration.
    Gardner Miller
    Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
    Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Originally posted by PROPDOC View Post
      All of the mercury 44 c.i. blocks will have the words "Super Thunderbolt" cast into them on the intake side of the block. Basically starting with the Merc 500 in the early 60's all the way to the Classic 50 of the early 90's are all 44 c.i. block motors. All of these motors range from 40 -50 hp in their stock fishing form.

All 44's will be 4 cylinder blocks in their configuration.
      I have found out that a very few blocks had no words cast in the side of the block where it usually say Super Thunderbolt. The area was totally blank
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I think the blank blocks are all late series motors that are obviously 44's

Comment

Working...
        X