Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Shane declared San Diego race winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Shane declared San Diego race winner!

More...

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

This sport has been so screwed up this year I am suprised anyone is still interested
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Congrats Jimmy!

Well, >>I<< still care. I watched every unlimited heat in San Diego via internet streaming except the Provisional Heat which the race announcers acted like wasn't going to happen because of attrition.

Fuel violations are hard for fans to accept because they can't be seen. Fans watch the fastest boat on the course win and don't want that to change. But to put it in perspective, a fuel violation in Unlimiteds is equivalent in Stock Outboards to forgetting to put in a restricter plate. That's an obvious win on the race course to fans but an obvious rule violation and disqualification.

Having Shane, Liddycoat, and Thompson racing Unlimiteds this year has made it exciting. Not only because they are all from my region, Region 4, but because each has been more than successful racing inboards and every one of them is transferring that success to Unlimiteds.

Add these "new" drivers to my list of existing favorites and I find it difficult to know who to root for when the race starts. It's shaking things up making Unlimited racing exciting.

It was Jimmy that made it a true boat race among the fastest boats on the race course. Congrats to Jimmy on a well deserved win!
      @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
      72@E
      Former Boat Racer
      21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
      20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Cograts Jimmy! Probably one of the nicest guys i've ever met. All this guy wants to do is eat, breath, build, and race boats! From outboards to GP to unlimited. Awesome job buddy!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

To The Video Tape!

Villwock's DNF was due to a blown engine (maybe not the correct technical term, but he shut it down with fire coming out the back). They installed the last working engine in the trailer for the next heat and Villwock smoked the field with his "backup" engine.

In the winner-take-all final Jimmy grabbed the inside lane by "trolling", something I first watched him do in a 1.5 liter at Cambridge, MD before I even understood what that was all about.

Steve David trolled to lane 2, which left Villwock in lane 3. Even if Villwock was the fastest of the three he couldn't overtake Steve David who pulled away early in the race, and he couldn't overtake Jimmy Shane who riding the rails in lane 1.

Jimmy Shane never left Steve David's wing -- he was always there, always a threat. All three boats maintained their original lanes throughout the five lap race -- there was never a 7 boat gap between any two boats which would have allowed a lane change.

My hope is that the other teams can get their mechanical gremlins figured out so that every heat becomes a toss up as to who will win.
          Last edited by Mark 72@E; 09-17-2012, 09:59 AM.
          @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
          72@E
          Former Boat Racer
          21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
          20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Shimmy!!!!................

Way to go Jimmy "SUGA" Shane.............way to show the good ole boys how to nail a inside start when it counts!

All that time in Gary Pond's ASH's taught ya a thing or two!!!!!........

Matt and Val

Comment

Congrats again to the "rookie" who doesn't drive like a rookie ... and some classy sportsmanship compared to the "old hands" in Unlimited

Comment

Working...
              X