reg-10 lake lawrence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reg-10 lake lawrence

bin hearing alot of scuttle butt about lake lawrence and combineing inboards with pro/mod/stock outboards,,, it being open,, INSTEAD of just a few invited classes,,?????

conflicting info

i've heard that the early race (inboard) is all but dead. maybe our friends from seattle can help us out with some information?
    Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Proposed

From Howard shaw- combine the event, make it 3 days with 2 days of racing for each class over the 3 days. This is just a proposal brought up at the region meeting as to not lose the race site and cut costs. Inboards lost $6k last year and are in danger of not doing the race at all this year.

It would also turn the event Into a region race. Regions funds account set up specifically for lawrence and kilos. The kilo event would then Be only ran every other year in Oregon. also using this fund. Calling it a records fund for region 10. Don't know if this will happen, but outboard and inboard clubs are mulling over the idea for the future....
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Addendum

As far as the actual race goes, a significant amount of sponsorship money will be necessary for the Inboard (Spring) event to take place.
        28-R

Comment

tick tick tick

kyle,
          as we are quickly approaching feburary the only common rumor that i've heard is a 6000 dollar loss last year at the lawrence inboard race.

i'm thinking CORA and SOA should really start communicating about the options we have to replace mossyrock. lee, jimmy williams, peffley and i tested there last month. i've also tested at a different spot on that lake with the smelt farmer last summer. great place, facilities, location, food, lodging but some real site specific concerns. looking at a castle rock race this close to may 1st is going to involve a lot of windshield time for you guys. peffley and zonich live 15 minutes away and i'm only 46 miles from the resort. PLEASE LET US HELP. i'm sure none of us want to wait until kitsap(???) or newberg for the first race.

congrats on the jacket!

Comment

idea

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
            As far as the actual race goes, a significant amount of sponsorship money will be necessary for the Inboard (Spring) event to take place.
            "kyle's landscape and design" proudly present the 2012 lawrence lake inboard/outboard record regatta...

kinda catchy huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
              kyle,
              as we are quickly approaching feburary the only common rumor that i've heard is a 6000 dollar loss last year at the lawrence inboard race.

i'm thinking CORA and SOA should really start communicating about the options we have to replace mossyrock. lee, jimmy williams, peffley and i tested there last month. i've also tested at a different spot on that lake with the smelt farmer last summer. great place, facilities, location, food, lodging but some real site specific concerns. looking at a castle rock race this close to may 1st is going to involve a lot of windshield time for you guys. peffley and zonich live 15 minutes away and i'm only 46 miles from the resort. PLEASE LET US HELP. i'm sure none of us want to wait until kitsap(???) or newberg for the first race.

congrats on the jacket!
              Thanks. I'm moving forward with castle rock regatta. Spoke with the silver lake resort people and they are all for it. I will contact you guys for help soon. Soa board has approved this as well. And we are renting the whole camp except the motel and cabins. All hook up spots will be for big trailers, Etc.
              Kyle Bahl
              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
              X