My new ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ride!

Well, it happened. I couldn't hold back. I will be racing a 5 Liter Hydroplane on the ACHA and APBA circuits next year!

As I found myself getting more and more addicted the scale model hydro's, I often thought that, wow, I'd love to try driving the real deal and that happened last spring. Well, I was done for from that point on. I was 100% addicted! I tried to find some help but couldn't find a HAG - Hydroplane Addiction Group. So here I am, winter setting in and nothing to do... BUT WORK ON BOATS! YEE HA! Big ones little ones it doesn't matter cause I'm addicted to em'.

Boy I feel much better now.

If your interested, check out my website http://www.blackfalconracing.com

Cheers!

good luck next year. All boat racing is good!!!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

DaveyK-

Wow, are you saying that you went from RC boats to a 5 Litre inboard?

That is fantastic!

You have my respect!

Congratulations, and keep us posted on how you're doing...

I can't imaging what a rush that must be....

Comment

Dave had a growth spurt, the RC was getting tight around the hips,.....blew right past SO. Will try to get him in a CSH ride in summer, to ride on 2 sheets of plywood instead of that 5L La-Z-Boy. He's 1+hr from 2 of our race sites.

Definitely check out his website - very professional!!...see headings: News, Sponsorship...man knows how to promote.

Congrats Dave,...don't forget to spend time w Family over Xmas, not just stroking boat in garage.

Erik
        Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
          DaveyK-

Wow, are you saying that you went from RC boats to a 5 Litre inboard?

That is fantastic!

You have my respect!

Congratulations, and keep us posted on how you're doing...

I can't imaging what a rush that must be....
          I have always been enamoured with hydroplanes since I was 10 years old. I originally got into R/C hydro's when I was 17, and then had an absense from it until 5 years ago. They aren't much different in terms of design than the big boats. All of the boats are hand made, carbon epoxy vacuumed bagged. The thing which really helps is that the big boats are so similar in performance and design. It's like you have the opportunity to experiment with a test model to see what works before doing it on a full size. My 1/8 scales run a 11cc nitro motor and top speed is about 65 mph. not bad for a 42" long model.

Big boats are much more fun to play with!

I'll keep everyone updated.

Comment

Originally posted by hydroid View Post
            Dave had a growth spurt, the RC was getting tight around the hips,.....blew right past SO. Will try to get him in a CSH ride in summer, to ride on 2 sheets of plywood instead of that 5L La-Z-Boy. He's 1+hr from 2 of our race sites.

Definitely check out his website - very professional!!...see headings: News, Sponsorship...man knows how to promote.

Congrats Dave,...don't forget to spend time w Family over Xmas, not just stroking boat in garage.

Erik
            Erik,

You name the time and place and I'd love to give it a go! I like plywood but I like the comfort of the La-Z-Boy better! LOL!

Cambridge isn't far at all and yes if I am available, I'd love to come check out your races. Give me a heads up, ok.

Thank you for the compliment on the website. I have been working hard on it and have been available to get some sponsors on board. there are a few more who I hope to hear from in the next little while as well. The boat is at Bert Henderson's shop right now so even if I wanted, no stroking for me! Bert figured he would have it for 2-3 weeks and then once its back, i've got a lot of work to get done.

Keep checking the website as I am trying to keep it updated regularily.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X