The (almost) Perfect Blowover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (almost) Perfect Blowover

Could have been a perfect "10", but he shut it down before returning to the pits....... came back to win the '09 National Championship.

Heat 4A Qatar:

http://www.tampadigital.com/abra/

Jimi O. (305-R)

Glad to see everyone is safe .... congrats U-1 on the H1 National High Points
    BOPP

Comment

Yikes!!!

Originally posted by Trihedral_1 View Post
      Could have been a perfect "10", but he shut it down before returning to the pits....... came back to win the '09 National Championship.

Heat 4A Qatar:

http://www.tampadigital.com/abra/

Jimi O. (305-R)
      was turning out to be one heck of a heat race though!!!!!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

SON...... ya gonna drive me ta drinkin if ya don't stop drivin that hot rod Lincoln.

At the 90 degree point, the Lord entered... by the 135 degree point the conversation was over with. Apparently there was some kind of agreement.

Nice landing!

Alex

Comment

Amazing

When we saw this Friday night live at the Museum, Kyle and I both screamed, then high-fived each other when he "stuck" the landing well enough to make Olga Korbut blush.

No doubt in my mind he would have finished the heat, and porobably won it was well. Most amazing blowover I ever saw.

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

[QUOTE=sponsonhead;146327]When we saw this Friday night live at the Museum, Kyle and I both screamed, then high-fived each other when he "stuck" the landing well enough to make Olga Korbut blush.

No doubt in my mind he would have finished the heat, and porobably won it was well. Most amazing blowover I ever saw.

R-19[/QUO

Patrick, do they have a some sort of kill switch or was it just a matter of cleaning the shorts??
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              Patrick, do they have a some sort of kill switch or was it just a matter of cleaning the shorts??
              Not like an outboard. The only positive way to shut one down completely is to shut off the fuel. There's no tether for the driver hooked up to an electrical kill switch, though there's emergency ignition and fuel-off switches both in the cockpit and outside the canopy on the cowling.

They do have a safety rule that dictates they have to shut a heat down after a blowover, even if the boat is rightside up and appears ok. We had a 2.5 stock boat do something similar to this last year at Spanaway, but this is the first time we've seen as a complete a blowover as this in an unlimited.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Incredible! 200mph blow over is already nuts, but to land it, only have stress cracks in the deck. Then go out and win the series points championship?! Amazing!

PS: Qatar was probably the best unlimited racing i've seen in years!
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Sponsonhead,
                  The same thing happened in Evansville 2 years ago. The yellow boat driven by Jene Theroit 360ed and drove it back to the pits... Not sure on the spelling of his name sorry.
                  Dennis @ Roostertails.net PS. But that is a eastern race you might not have seen it......
                  www.roostertails.net
                  boat racing info and pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by racen7 View Post
                    Sponsonhead,
                    The same thing happened in Evansville 2 years ago. The yellow boat driven by Jene Theroit 360ed and drove it back to the pits... Not sure on the spelling of his name sorry.
                    Dennis @ Roostertails.net PS. But that is a eastern race you might not have seen it......
                    Actually Sponsonhead may have been there...summer 08? Sponsonhead was probably too busy crewing for the U48 team if he was there...
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
                    X