• Show
Clear All

• Evansville Thunder

Some random shots of today
    1-Jeff Bernard
    2-J Michael Kelly
    3-Steve David
    Jimmy King led for 2 laps and blew a motor, he was FAST today
    last photo on right is Jeff Bernard (inside) Jimmy King (middle) and J Michael (on the outside) end of 2nd lap,Championship Heat
    Attached Files

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Steve thanks for posting the pics. The live webcasting from go3racing today was junk. There was no camera operator. Just a camera pointed towards turn one.

Was there much of a crowd? I understand that organizers were hoping for at least 20,000 to break even financially.

Comment

Originally posted by John Howe View Post
      Steve thanks for posting the pics. The live webcasting from go3racing today was junk. There was no camera operator. Just a camera pointed towards turn one.

Was there much of a crowd? I understand that organizers were hoping for at least 20,000 to break even financially.
      Hey John I agree, even though the Go3 footage was better then nothing this is an area that the APBA needs to really fill in the gaps and have a roving team out of APBA HQ attend and broadcast these events. Hell I would even do it if the APBA would buy the gear and pick up the tab for my travel etc.

I would love to broadcast a select number of Stock Mod and PRO events but I just cant justify paying for the Verizon monthly fee. I think you also touched on this topic a while back.

I might talk to a few folks over at HQ and see if we can get something on the table for the upcoming annual convention. If we could get them to buy a few high end laptops with built in Verizon Broadband people like you and me who already own the camera gear could take it from there, of course HQ would have to foot the monthly Verizon fees and open up a Pro Livestream account.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...tebooks_283300

Any thoughts?
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

John, I thought the attendance was good, I hope they sold enough buttons to at least break even, I have been down here for 6 years now and this was one of the best races I have been to.
        The race committee needs to have a better showing UL/GP/G boats, and have the SLT's show up.
        here's some more photo's, I really need to get a better digital camera
        Attached Files

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Yeah Steve, I hope the organizers made money too. The last two boat racing events there lost a lot of money.

The GP/UL/G class boats were kind of a last minute thing. A few weeks ago they weren`t on the sanction, and this was a no points event for them, with minimum sponsorship. Also there is a big race for those guys next weekend in New York.

Comment

Working...
          X