X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really want to race drag boats

http://markjrebilas.com/blog/2008/11...oks/#more-1642
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Where do these guys get there capsules
    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by raceright View Post
      Where do these guys get there capsules
      Pat
      Hey Pat,

I could be wrong but I heard some of them use fighter aircraft cockpits not just a standard boat racing capsules.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

That would be a big SHNEGATIVE....amazing pictures though!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I've got one just like that one and it scares the heck out of me. My dad and I were talking about hitting a few drag boat races this year with it. I want to add a capsule to the boat, he does not. so we'll have to see what happens there. While we are on the subject...I ment to ask someone..If I brought it (the drag boat) to a race site on a friday (test day) could I test it?..would anyone mind?
          Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
            I've got one just like that one and it scares the heck out of me. My dad and I were talking about hitting a few drag boat races this year with it. I want to add a capsule to the boat, he does not. so we'll have to see what happens there. While we are on the subject...I ment to ask someone..If I brought it (the drag boat) to a race site on a friday (test day) could I test it?..would anyone mind?
            Careful if it runs over 100 you should be in a capsule

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

I believe the insurance would an issue. The actuary uses crashes/injury crashes/deaths to assess the weekend rate and if it is on your clubs water, there lies the issue.
              Bill Schwab
              Miss KTDoodle #62C
              -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

That does make a lot of sense. It might not be the best idea. We do have a local race in Crystal lake NY were they run some big power inboards. And the last time I was in Thompson Conn. They ran drag boats (outboard style) I just wasn't sure if it was just ok for them or if anyone could turn something like that loose at a race site.
                Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

There are a couple of these on youtube. its just insane.. in one in particular the boat is there one second, then COMPLETELY obliterated the next. Actually here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5LH8RqrV4

at 10 seconds the boat is still in one piece, then at 11 seconds its no longer there.. and that was only at 170mph (haha, I said "only 170mph")...

**ADD** in the slow mo part its seconds 26-27...
                  Silas Jordan
                  Windham, Maine
                  CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
                  Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

Drag boats and open cockpit flat-bottoms are probably two of the only classes in boat racing I wouldn't run.

Comment

Working...
                    X