Good news about Kelly Shane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news about Kelly Shane

I rec'd this in my email from the unlimitedsondown forum. Thought I'd pass this along.

"List Members, The Shane family contacted me today and would like to pass along the latest information on Kelly Shane who was injured in Valleyfield, Quebec during the Jersey Speed Skiff race on Sunday. The good news is Kelly has feeling through out her entire body and has movement of all her limbs. She is in good spirits. On Wednesday morning at 8:00 AM at a Montreal hospital she will have surgery to repair a broken vertebra. The surgery is a two hour procedure to straighten her spine and insert screws and a plate to mend the injury of the vertebra. The doctors informed the family that is a low risk type surgery and Kelly should heal to a full recovery. They have indicated as well to the family if the surgery goes well that she could come home this Thursday or Friday. Lets all keep Kelly along with Stu, Robin, and Jimmy in our thoughts and prayers. If you would like to contact Kelly to wish her a healthy recovery please e-mail her at kellyshane_01@ hotmail.com at her request earlier this afternoon."
    www.trora.com

Great news!!

That wreck looked terrible, glad to hear that she is doing well and hopefully will be back home by the weekend.
    Brian 10s

Comment

Good luck Kelly, we miss having you at the races!

Howie & Becky
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I'm glad that the news has turned positive since last night. Hopefully recovery is speedy so we can see her at some races again in the future.
        Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Kelly's spill was pretty intense, but The Tank is hanging in there! She's been sleeping most of the day and on a lot of pain medications, but so far all is well. Her procedure is pretty standard, but we are still all praying for her! I know that the Shane's appreciate all the prayers and thoughts!

Love you, Tank!

Stacy
          "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

That's great news. The Shanes have a lot of fans in the NW, and we're sending good vibes.
            Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
            sigpic
            Portland, Oregon
            Johnson Racing

Comment

Kelly,

Get well quickly.

Craig
              broccoli

Comment

We hope for a speedy recovery! We'll be thinking of you-

The Bried family
                JT Bried

Comment

Hope you heal quickly....

Hi Kelly,
                  Sorry to hear you had a accident. Good luck with the surgery !
                  We'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you !
                  Alex, Lisa, Ashlei & AJ Jennings

P.S. a little birdie also told me you won the worlds in your class. CONGRATS !

Comment

New Update 7-8-08

Posted on Unlimitedsondown today:

"Just recieved a text message that Kelly is out of surgery and
                    everything went good.
                    4 screws and 2 rods are keeping the spine is nice and straight.

She should be able to walk out tomorrow morning."

This is wonderful news!!
                    www.trora.com

Comment

Kelly is doing great. She said "I can't have any booze, but they gave me a morphine button!" Personally, I think the latter is probably better anyway! I'll keep you guys posted. It's going to be a long recovery for her!
                      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Hoping . . .

for a speedy and successful recovery, Kelly.
                        carpetbagger

Comment

Update

They had Kelly sitting up in bed this morning, and hopefully walking by this evening. They should be on their way back home tomorrow. She's in good spirits, but I'm thinking that has a lot to do with the morphine.

Comment

Good to hear that Kelly's surgery went well. I'm hoping her recovery goes as well as the surgery.
                            Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Hey everyone! Kelly was walking a little bit this morning, and is now on her way home! She's with her parents in their motorhome, so the 10 hour ride home from Montreal will be a little easier. The Tank is back!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X