Little American Lake: A different kind of Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little American Lake: A different kind of Airshow

Many of us have gone to a boat race sometime and felt that there was too much airshow and not enough boat race.

We had a different kind of airshow at Little American Lake, where there was great boat racing on the water, and a family of Bald Eagles diving and feeding above us.

Christine got these shots....amazing to watch!

R-19
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

I observed three dives to the water to grab a trout. They were unsuccessful but when they are just 30 feet in front of you it is quite a site.

Bob Smiley

Comment

I love watching Bald Eagles and Osprey fishing. Off the departure end of runway 22 at the airport where I work there are a few Bald Eagle nests. As we all know from the "miracle on the Hudson" planes and birds do not play well together. Occasionally a Bald Eagle returning from a successful hunt will choose the convenience of our spacious runways to take a rest break while carting a big fish back home.

To this date I have never had a pilot pitch a hissy when we inform them their departure will be delayed until Baldy catches his/her breath and completes their takeoff and turnout.

Beautiful to watch . . .
      carpetbagger

Comment

pretty . . .

I love watching Bald Eagles and Osprey fishing. Off the departure end of runway 22 at the airport where I work there are a few Bald Eagle nests. As we all know from the "miracle on the Hudson" planes and birds do not play well together. Occasionally a Bald Eagle returning from a successful hunt will choose the convenience of our spacious runways to take a rest break while carting a big fish back home.

To this date I have never had a pilot pitch a hissy when we inform them their departure will be delayed until Baldy catches his/her breath and completes their takeoff and turnout.

Beautiful to watch . . .
        carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
        X