For all the hunters out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the hunters out there

this is a pic of a deer that only Virginia can produce!
    Attached Files
    DEVIN 4e

Near Smoot Wy
    Attached Files
    bill b

Comment

Wow,

Nice Deer. How old would you estimate he is?

Comment

Must be southwest Virginia deer . . .

All the dear in Northern VA and along the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge are "doggie" deer, about the size of a large lab or German Shepard. Well, maybe a tad bigger, but if one of our Northern VA hunters tagged a 125 lb deer he/she was a hero!

Now that is a nice deer. Nice rack too - Am I allowed to say "rack"?
        carpetbagger

Comment

I would say he was probably 3 or 4 years old.... We don't have alot of small body size deer...we let them grow and don't shoot them so we will have some meat.
          DEVIN 4e

Comment

Nice buck!!!
            bill b

Comment

Bill Boyes
              Is that a Black Widow on your wall?
              Bill Thomas

Comment

Yes and the Flying Wing. Really took these pictures in my parents basement after they passed away. Sold the house last month and wanted to preserve it all. Dad was Jack Northrup's 17th employee and he worked for Northrup for over 35 years. He was very involved in the production side. The other pictures are family friend Chuck Roberson who was John Wayne's stunt double. Chuck is on his horse Cocaine and Wayne is standing.
                I got the deer back about 1972 or so and had it mounted then did not know what to do with it. Now I have again and Do not know what to do with it again. On top of the deer head is a water witch stick. We had a friend that had a development up in Kolob above Zion. He needed water and had drilled three dry wells. So someone told him to hire the Old Lion hunter.( The guy hunted Mountain Lions for the Bounty years before) So this guy cut a tree branch and witched with it. About 1/2 hour later the old guy says drill here and drew and X on the ground with his Boot. A real good well was found at about 35 feet. No joke I saw him do it and that is the witching stick that he used.
                Last edited by bill boyes; 12-27-2011, 12:32 PM.
                bill b

Comment

You guys should try up here in washington state, all biggins white tail, black tail, elk, and moose..

Comment

Age/Size................

Pond told me today the buck is about 5 years old(which is old for aound his hunt club)..............he estimated the weight at about 140 pounds and a rack spread of 25" inches which apparantly is huge for a Mid-Atlantic buck.

He didn't shoot it...........another club member did!

Gary needs to stick to building motors and leave Bambi alone!!.....

Comment

If shot in Va that is a nice deer, you only see them killed at night anymore .So many deer in Va and season so long everybody is starting to shot everything .

Comment

Yeah we have a rule at our hunt club saying that we can't shoot any does, or small bucks
                        DEVIN 4e

Comment

devin gary never told me you got a big buck

Comment

Working...
                          X