Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Competitive 20ssh/Csh Hulls

Hello,
    New to the hobby/forum and looking for some input on what would be a great all around competitive hull for someone starting out!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Mike

Sounds like you are really getting serious Mike. Hope you get some replies and recommendations.
    Randy Rapedius

Comment

You should post what area of the country you live in. That way one of the locals could direct you to someone, possibly a boat builder, to help get you started. You are going to need some assistence with setup/prop, etc. Most boat racing people are more than willing to help a newbie.
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Mike and I are both semi-new to the sport and are teaming up together to race in 2008. We live in Hamilton, Ontario (between Niagara Falls and Toronto) and have already joined the Toronto Outboard Racing Club. I've already purchased a nice used Keylard DSH and Mike is looking for a CSH. I've heard the Arltralite and B&H hulls are very competitive in the CSH class. Any comments?
        Last edited by randyrap; 11-18-2007, 08:18 PM.
        Randy Rapedius

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful info guy`s and Randy for keeping the thread going...
          Also in the market for a used complete rig if possible (must be in great shape), if you know of anything please send it to mikelocke77@hotmail.com

Mike

Comment

Competitive CSH hulls

B&H (hemp) hulls are very competitive her in Region 10 and I understand the carbon hulls (arltralite) are very fast and light.An important factor is weight,as your min weight in C-stock is 440 lbs (boat,motor,driver)as raced.If you are heavy you want the lightest boat possible. I restored an old boat which weighs 150 ibs and I still had to add 8 lbs of lead. My weight is 173 lbs.All the boat builders here on HR produce very nice products and/or sell plans or kits.Hope this is alittle help.......Chopperdoctor 36CW

Comment

Giles, Bzoates, Hemp, Tecraft, Runne, MJR/Roper, O'Conner seem to be most popular on the east coast for CSH/20.

Comment

B&H hulls are tough to beat.
                Bob

Comment

B & H.....

B & H Factory # 414-321-HEMP
                  17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

I have to plug a Dawecraft here.... Thank you Darren G, Mercguy!

Ernie builds a good handling, fast boat. And, they are very reasonably priced. Ernie will also add little custom items you want into your hull for not a great deal if any more money when he makes them. The difference in handling and the improvement of my daughters skills from one boat to the Dawe are like night and day. This is a great boat to start with.
                    Bill Schwab
                    Miss KTDoodle #62C
                    -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Working...
                    X