X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 302 oil

What oil is your favorite in the Yamato 302? Anyone running Klotz
    Super Techniplate w/ castor? Thanks! Chris
    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

I've used the Klotz R-50 which has been very good
    Sean Byrne

Comment

I use Red Line 20 to 1. Not a break in oil though. For that I use Mercury Or OMC.
      bill b

Comment

Amsoil

I use Amsoil HPI, but will be changing to Amsoil Dominator for `08. I mixed the HPI to engine manufacturers specs, and have had great performance and wear. In addition, when mixed with premium gasoline, it was well within legal specs for NBRA. Most folks have there own preference, as well as controversy over which one is better. If anyone is interested in any Amsoil product, I am a independent dealer.

Comment

Rich, whats the cost of amsoil versus the stuf im using and at what mixture?? I now use super tcw3 at 2 qts to 5.5 gal Jeff
          Jeff

Comment

I've been running Pennzoil Semi-Synthetic Marine 12:1 with no problems. No plug fouling and no deposits.

Dan
            O-49
            Acme Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Russo View Post
              I use Amsoil HPI, but will be changing to Amsoil Dominator for `08. I mixed the HPI to engine manufacturers specs, and have had great performance and wear. In addition, when mixed with premium gasoline, it was well within legal specs for NBRA. Most folks have there own preference, as well as controversy over which one is better. If anyone is interested in any Amsoil product, I am a independent dealer.
              How many real-world fl oz/gal would fall under the guidelines of the "engine manufacturer's specs" that you referenced above? Amsoil states on their website that both HPI & Dominator are 50:1 premix. 2.6 fl oz/gal seems a wee bit light to me, especially for older outboard racing engines. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
              Last edited by Heliarc; 11-14-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Royal Purple-syn (When I can afford/find it..... $10qt )
                Ams-Oil Dominator/or Injector

5 oz/gal-Yamato/A-OMC
                8 oz/gal-MOD
                (Just my own guess/preference on mix)

19P
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

I used Pennzoil Semi-Synthetic for a couple years with no issues Wal Mart was 10.00 a gal, got a deal on Royal Purple and swithced to that no issues, Now I use VP Racing C-2 Synthetic as you cant beat the price of it burns clean and passes the meter when mixed with BP/Amoco High test. None of these oils can be used till the rings have seated on a new rebuild as the Synthetic wont let the rings seat but after they do the Synthetic will keep the wear down. The Merc 15 I use 24:1 and of couse the Hotrod I use 8:1 without any parts ending up in the boats.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/c22.html
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Amsoil

I use Dominator 50/1 in all my motors: C mod yamato, B mod yamato 44 XS and 25 XS mercs. Mixed with VP C 12 it passed all tasts this year. No broken parts,and no oil fouled plugs. I hade a 2 gal jug of Merc race oil and use that in My 58A at 1 qt to 6 gal with no problems.

Comment

Amsoil

Guys- I will post all the info you are inquiring about Amsoil this evening when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
                        I use Dominator 50/1 in all my motors: C mod yamato, B mod yamato 44 XS and 25 XS mercs. Mixed with VP C 12 it passed all tasts this year. No broken parts,and no oil fouled plugs. I hade a 2 gal jug of Merc race oil and use that in My 58A at 1 qt to 6 gal with no problems.
                        What was the mix ratio for the Amsoil?
                        Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Dominator

50 to 1 ( the recomended Ratio)

Comment

For those inquiring about manufacturers spec I'm pretty darn sure the book calls for around 30:1-33:1. I don't know that in oz/gal and I'll let you guys do the math.
                            Mike 1-US-1, 32-R

Comment

too much oil.........Yamatos........

be cautious of using "too much" oil, in regards to using synthetics.............it is not really needed and can actually NOT be beneficial...............synthetics are "stickier" and can gum things up................how many times have you guys checked the inside of your tower housings and the areas around the tuner? I bet the guys running more than 32:1 have a mess in those areas.............40 or 50:1 will be fine!

Mercs like more oil due to their build characteristics..........Yamatos do not need that much oil. The factory recommmends 25:1 with non-synthetic oil for 80/102 and 30:1 for the 302...........

I have ran Amsoil Dominator for the last 5yrs (my brother is a dealer also) at 40:1 with no problems and my cylinders always look great at the end of the season........when the motors are disassembled for year end inspection/rering/seals/gaskets, etc........

PS: the new Evinrude E-Tecs you have to change the mixture rate in the EMM (computer) when using synthetics versus non-synthetic oil, as it does not require as much synthetic oil....................
                              Last edited by mercguy; 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM.
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X