Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 12' hydro and advice needed for setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jim "E" mail your phone or "E" mail and we can talk Don 252-964-2399

Comment

That 115 turns what we call a right hand prop, which torques
      that light boat, ie; rotates it to the left side, or as u say raises the starboard sponson. You also are sitting on the left side compounding this problem. Switch your steering to the right side, or at least put the tank and battery there.
      I would be careful about traps at the stern, as more lift may lessen your control, but do try a transom fin to see if that helps keep it straight. And do tie the motor down, and either tighten up the steering, or go to a heavy cable system that allows NO movement of the motor at speed.
      If u have one, a four cylinder Merc 65 would go on that boat, or OMC 75hp triples. Much lower CofG. A 40 is too small.
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Hi Brian
        I got to thinking about the 40 myself and decided it would be to small too, so abandoned that idea. I did intall the locking pin system after removing all of the hydraulic stuff, I think I took off 20lbs of junk so hope that will help too. I went to the river basin yesterday but must have had a 10-15 knot wind and kicking up the water pretty bad so just took it easy. I never got above 40mph as it was pounding the boat pretty bad then. Guess I will just have to wait for a good day and then I can crank it out again to see how she handles with the engine locked down and bolted on. I don't know if I am right or wrong but with the rack and pinion steering it is tight and no movement on the engine unless I turn the wheel.
        Jimmy

Comment

Working...
        X