2008 SO Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 SO Nationals

What are the dates for the 2008 Stock nat'l????

Aug 4-10 Whitney Point, New York Stock/Mod

Comment

Stock, Mod and J

August 4th through 10 is correct and there will be pit stalls again. The Schenectady Outboard Racing Association will be the host club and enlist help from our friends from other Regions. We are hoping to have a meeting in November or early December to help coordinate all of the work that needs to be done in preparation.

There will definitely be an awards banquet and we have some top notch activities chair persons stepping up to volunteer.

Dorchester Park is doing some work to the Park this year so we look forward to some improvements to an already beautiful race site. We will be updating you on Hotels with group rates and camping accomodationss. There are a limited number of RV sites in the Racing Park but again we will post the dates for reservations to be sent in and rates.

Access to the Park will be on August 4th in the AM. No oe will be admitted into the Park before we have full access that morning so please plan accordingly. If you are arriving in town a little early we will arrange staging areas for your RV's and equipment.

We will get all of the info you can muster out as early as we can so please hold you questions for for a few more short weeks. The racing schedule will also be posted early so if you are not racing you will know when to come to watch.

More to come soon!!!! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming for October ....

Comment

The WalMart store finder says from the south, there is a WalMart 16 miles away (Google says it is more like 25 miles from the town of Whitney Point So it is less than an hour drive just the same) at 2405 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850. I'll probably be staging in from there ... WalMart allows free overnight parking in their lots for RVers

That could be a sight to see ... a WalMart lot half full of RV's & trucks pulling race boat trailers
        Last edited by sam; 10-25-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I can see it now . . .

Originally posted by sam View Post
          The WalMart store finder says from the south, there is a WalMart 16 miles away (Google says it is more like 25 miles from the town of Whitney Point So it is less than an hour drive just the same) at 2405 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850. I'll probably be staging in from there ... WalMart allows free overnight parking in their lots for RVers

That could be a sight to see ... a WalMart lot half full of RV's & trucks pulling race boat trailers
          Post Wally-Mart lot staging area tailgate partys:

"CLEAN UP IN LANES 7, 8, 9 . . . AW HELL, CLEAN THE WHOLE LOT UP!"
          carpetbagger

Comment

Last Nationals there we staged in the big lot behind the school and had registration in one of the big buildings right in Whitney Point. They have showers and rest rooms right there and that is where alot camped for the week also.
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Fairgrounds

Rosado and I staged in the Fairgrounds one year. Nice spot to camp and hang out. Quiet too.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

fair grounds

We camped there one hot summer for the nats...I am amazed I am still married after a week in a tent!
                Fyi....There is really good small mouth fishing in the stream behind the fairgrounds.
                Can't wait to get back to Whitney Pt!!!!
                http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Yes that is the spot I was talking about slept in the back of the truck one year there.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Fair Grounds

We will probably use the fairgrounds again. We just have not confirmed it with the community yet....

Comment

Working...
                    X