Merc 60J info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc 60J info needed

In our ongoing efforts to obtain and restore and evenually display at various race sites through out the year one of every Mercury stock outboard racing engine built we have now undertaken the restoration of a Merc 60J.

My are the pistons still available. Old Merc's lists the rings but not the pistion. What should the compression be? The engine I am now working on only has 30 psi in each cylinder. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

After we finish the C/D boat we will start construction of a JU boat or is that JSR?

David Van Weele www.aeroliner-boats.com

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    In our ongoing efforts to obtain and restore and evenually display at various race sites through out the year one of every Mercury stock outboard racing engine built we have now undertaken the restoration of a Merc 60J.

My are the pistons still available. Old Merc's lists the rings but not the pistion. What should the compression be? The engine I am now working on only has 30 psi in each cylinder. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

After we finish the C/D boat we will start construction of a JU boat or is that JSR?

David Van Weele www.aeroliner-boats.com
    OldMercs.com does not list all the parts that they have in stock on the site. They do mention that somewhere on the site. If you don't see what you need, email them and ask about the pistons or whatever else you might want. Best wishes with the JU project.

Barry

Comment

Working...
    X