John Loomer Funeral Arrangements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Loomer Funeral Arrangements

I have received several phone calls requesting information regarding John Loomer and his funeral arrangements.

On behalf of MHRA, I would like to personally encourage you to attend the visitation or service if possible. We feel it's an important message to send to his family, that John loved racing and why. He came back to racing for the love of the sport and the people involved. He had many friends and wonderful memories of the time he spent racing years ago. It would be a wonderful tribute to John to have the participation of our racing family to show our support to his family at this time.

The viewing and funeral services will take place at:

Martenson Funeral Home
    3200 West Rd.
    Trenton, MI 48183

Viewing will take place from 3pm to 9pm on Wednesday, September 12, with Services at 7:30pm.

The funeral service will begin at noon on Thursday, September 13, at Martenson Funeral Home.

The procession will go to Michigan Memorial Cemetery for burial. Following, there will be a gathering at Ford Yacht Club.

If coming to Ford Yacht Club, please remember that the Wayne County Bridge (Free Bridge) is closed. Everyone must use the Pay Bridge at the North end of the Island. The fee is $3 per car, for the round trip.

If you are unable to attend, but wish to send a card, the address is:

Dori Loomer
    8399 Thorntree Drive
    Grosse Ile, MI 48138

Please keep Dori, Aaron, and Kathy in your thoughts and prayers.

More information Regarding John Loomer

This email was obtained by Heather Miskerik from a colleague of John's at Ford Motor Company. It went out to the group that John worked with. It provides more insight into who John was and what he did with his additional spare time.

~~~~~~~

John and I were close friends, from Ford Yacht Club. John's vocation was Ford, where he did all he could to help the success of the company. John's avocation was boating, which is where I met him.

I'd known John and Dori for a few years when he was elected as Rear Commodore in 2002, the year I was Commodore of Ford Yacht Club. In these respective chairs, John and I worked closely, along with the rest of the Board at FYC, to make FYC a better Club. As with his vocation (Ford), John devoted much energy, intelligence, and personality, to his 3 years in chairs, where he became Commodore in 2004.

Getting to know John, we discussed much in past experiences. One of John's desires was to revisit his racing experiences. John used to race outboard hydroplanes in his youth, and was quite good at it.

After his retirement just a couple months ago, John decided he would realize this dream. He bought a boat, rebuilt it to his specifications, and set up to go racing. Saturday, John went to Grass Lake, where there were some class races scheduled. Though his original intent was to only go to sell the boat, on arrival he decided to race one last time. John had finished his racing for the day, and loaded the boat for transport. He then turned to enjoying the company of the other racers. Suddenly, John experienced what is being described as a "massive heart attack". All efforts expended were unsuccessful, and John passed.

Remember to hug your loved ones, for each time you see them may be your last!

Regards,
    Ed Payne
    Last edited by csh12M; 09-11-2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Our condolences..................

Although Val and I didn't know John well it was a courageous effort on his part to come back to the people he felt most comfortable to be with, powerboat racers. It was a humbling feeling to observe the events that transpired Saturday and only serves to once again show that life is a very fragile thing.

Matt & Val

Comment

Johns Obituary

From Tuesday the 11th of Sept. Detriot free press.
        Attached Files
        Tom L.

Comment

Public guestbook for our friend John

Here's a link to a public guestbook for our friend John, and more info from the funeral home's web site.

http://www.funeralquestions.com/obit...sting_id=90266
          Brett L. 156M

Comment

Butch Miskerik, Terry Kerr, Tracy and myself attended to service for John last night. Almost 50% of his ulogy was quotes from posts here on hydroracer. His wife sends a big thank you for all of the wonderful thoughts and for keeping them in your prayers.

Brian Trolian

Comment

Service for John Loomer

I, as well as a few other boat racers attended John's service yesterday evening, it was standing room only. The Ford Yacht Club (FYC) members well in attendance, did a procession by his casket at the beginning and end of the service. One of the FYC board members preformed the eugoly, noting some posts from the boatracing community on hydroracer. The flower arrangements were beautiful. There were picture boards around the room of John and his family, John on his "big boat", and in his race boat from years ago. Though I did not know John well, from listening to the words spoken, I could tell where his heart belonged. We spoke with Mrs. Loomer after the service for a short time and let her know if there was anything at all we could do for her and her family not to hesitate to ask. She said racing is what made him happy. As John said "Boat racers do things like this for one another. Sometime you can do a favor for me, or do a favor for someone else, and someday it'll circle back around to me." So the next time you can help someone out don't think twice, maybe they helped John.

Race in Peace

Tracy Trolian 28M

Comment

Funeral

Were any boat racers able to attend the funeral today?
                @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                72@E
                Former Boat Racer
                21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

John Loomer Funeral

Yes, I did attend the funeral today.

It was standing room only, I stood. One of the largest I have been to. It was obvious that not only was John a great person at the races, but a great person in life. He obviously touched the lives of many people and they all turned out to say goodbye. It was followed by a gathering at the yacht club, however I could not attend. (very sick kids) I am sure it was a nice affair remembering Johns life and the impact he had on others.

His service had several pictures of him racing his 20H in the 70's and 80's, very cool!

John Loomer loved the water, racing and obviously a lot of people and from what saw they all loved him. We should all hope to be so remembered.....

Comment

Working...
                  X