Lake Lawrence Junior Classes Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Lawrence Junior Classes Results

Saturday was the BIG course, the 1 & 2/3 mile. It hasn't been run at Lawrence since the introduction of the new Junior classes (except JH ran at the inboard race in the spring). All top finishers in JR, AXSR and AXSH established the new mark.

JR-Ashley Rucker 35.244 OMC (Brian couldn't plane his prop, down to a 1 heat race)
    AXSR-Kelly Hannon 46.051 OMC
    AXSH-Aaron Peterson 48.282 OMC (2 boats jumped and ran out front OMC's, 1 heat race)

Now for the class that had Mercs in it, JH.
    Heat 1 saw Aaron Salmon in a HARM built boat, running a Merc I built before George Stillwill's wealth of info, ran out front.
    Heat 2 it was Jared Martin in a B&H with a Stillwill Merc run over the record at 37.549 but was DQ'd for being 4 lbs light! He lost weight since Nationals and didn't weigh before his heat

Sunday was the 1 & 1/4 mile course.

JR
    1-Ashely Rucker OMC
    2-Brian Bartlett (his first Heat win was .5 mph off his current record of 36.15) OMC
    3-Addison Harper OMC

JH
    1-Addison Harper OMC
    2-Aaron Peterson OMC
    3-Aaron Salmon Merc

AXSR
    1-Brian Bartlett OMC
    2-Ashley Rucker OMC
    3-Kelly Hannon OMC

AXSH
    1-Aaron Peterson OMC
    2-Kelly Hannon OMC
    3-Ashley Rucker OMC

As you can see the OMC's still dominate out West because they are the majority. But I see that changing, especially since George Stillwill was so kind to share his knowledge on the Merc so the West can catch up to the fastest Mercs out East now.
    Last edited by ricochet112; 09-10-2007, 04:48 PM. Reason: corection

Sunrise Saturday Morning

Perfect start to a day at Lawrence
    Attached Files

Comment

Add; I just remembered, on Jared Martins JH record run on the 1 & 2/3 course, an OMC jumped the gun and ran out front. Who was that, Ashley, Zach, Aaron?
      Last edited by ricochet112; 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM. Reason: details

Comment

Nice pictures Mike, man the water in my bath tub isnt that smooth Im building a new APBA Merc right now for Doug Martin hes really a nice guy and his son Jared cant wait to get to the races now that hes running better. Its ashame they didnt weight the boat before the race the 4 pounds wouldnt of made a differance in speed.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Uhhh

I think that was Aaron. Ashley jumped on Sunday for the mile and a quarter, barely, and was running over the record/on the record that heat with her OMC as far as lap times go.

Sheryl

Comment

Originally posted by RuthieRae View Post
            I think that was Aaron. Ashley jumped on Sunday for the mile and a quarter, barely, and was running over the record/on the record that heat with her OMC as far as lap times go.

Sheryl
            I feel your pain, we got the last prop out of the J box, didn't plane Brian in JR on Saturday. We tried it in the 2nd heat in JR on Sunday, big mistake, when Brian finally got on plane he was 20-25 seconds late on the start (being 43.5lbs over weight doesn't help!).

For those who have never been to Lawrence, a J (during a race) takes about 55 seconds from the entrance pin in turn 2 to the starting line. The course is about 1,000-1,200 feet wide.

Congrats to all who came home with their motor in a box, job well done!
            Last edited by ricochet112; 09-10-2007, 05:38 PM. Reason: add

Comment

What engines are being run?

Please excuse a dumb question from an old timer, but which Merc engine is being run in the J classes? I would also be curious what the minimum weight is also. Those pictures of Lawrence really bring back memories, way back when the only course I ever saw there was 1 2/3 mile.
              Dale Powell Jr.
              Palmer, Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Arcticracer View Post
                Please excuse a dumb question from an old timer, but which Merc engine is being run in the J classes? I would also be curious what the minimum weight is also. Those pictures of Lawrence really bring back memories, way back when the only course I ever saw there was 1 2/3 mile.
                Since no one had jumped in here I believe its the 2-stroke 15HP merc that must be 1999 or newer. Someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong
                Sean Byrne

Comment

Working...
                X