Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Lake report

Saturday

Once again, I'm at home & getting this report from my family in the pits. Weather and water is perfect today.

Turnout is slightly smaller than in year's past. Some good racing however.

DSH - Tom Smith won. He & Jim Sweeney had a good race the 2nd heat.

JH - 1st heat: Mercs were 1-2-3 (Lauer, Kiddy, T. Allen) OMC's were 4-5-6. (Werner, R. Brewster, ?). 2nd heat, Werner didn't get on plane. 1-Lauer, 2-T. Allen, 3-Kiddy, 4-R. Brewster

BSH - Sidor won heat 1.

CSH - Approx 8 boats. Dean Sutherland won heat 1. Heat 2: Dean started on inside but Jordan Swain was ahead on the outside and took the lead. John Robarge was one of the fastest there but was 3rd. Allen 4th. Overall: 1-Dean 2-Robarge 3-Swain

Approx 20 entries for the Marathon later today.

Grass Shack was packed as usual last night!
    Last edited by Brew56; 09-08-2007, 09:38 AM.
    www.trora.com

25ssH - Heat 1: 1-Joey Z 2-Tom Smith 3-Jeff Brewster

20ssH - Heat 1: 1-Donny Allen. Everyone else jumped including D'Agostino, Sidor, Trolian. Forshey hit a buoy
    www.trora.com

Comment

All of a sudden racing doesn't really matter much.

All our prayers go out to John Loomer ("greybeard" on HR I believe), his family and friends as he was taken to the hospital. Although I am not there, I am told that Mr. Loomer may have suffered a heart attack in the pit area at Grass Lake.

My prayers are with John at this time.

Jerry Brewster
      www.trora.com

Comment

Bad news

I am stunned to hear the news about John Loomer.
        My prayers are also with John and his family.

Comment

I met John a few months ago.He is a very nice guy.He is in our prayers.Please keep us posted.
          Bob

Comment

Grass Lake-John Loomer

It is with heavy heart that I report that John Loomer past away this afternoon from an apparent heart attack. He had raced his A runabout the first heat and came in complaining he was not feeling well. This was John's first race in 22 years. The paramedics and MHRA's own rescue team worked on John diligently and he was then transported to the hospital. Please keep the Loomer family in your prayers & thoughts.

Karen Duffield
            MHRA Risk Manager

Comment

I would like to express my condolences to the entire family and all of John's survivors.
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

So sorry

We are so sorry to hear the report. His family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

RussW and Family

sigpic
                SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

I am so sad to hear this. John bougnt a kit from me last winter and had just retired. I met him at Indian River this year. He was looking foward to buying a new B Sidewinder and building a marathon boat.

Darrell Sorensen

Comment

Met John this Spring in Erie,Pa.......after transporting a Hot-Rod he puchased from a East coast racer, back from Ocoee for him.....Nice guy, who was really look'n forward to getting back into the sport after retiring from a successfull carreer.......he wanted to buy lunch and talk about the season ahead......gott'a learn to TAKE the time for these moments.........

Condolences,
                    19P Steve French
                    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-09-2007, 11:58 AM.
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Our condolences go out to the entire Loomer family.

___
                      Garrett
                      G.C. Kline's Photography

Comment

Condolences

Condolences from Lyons/Doerle Racing. John sounds like he was a nice guy who loved boat racing.
                        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

I am very sorry to hear this.May god bless the entire family.This is very sad.They are in our prayers.
                          Bob

Comment

My condolences go out to the Loomer family. I had the pleasure of doing some business with John and know that he was exciting about the prospects of racing again.

Comment

The Runne family sends their deepest sympathies to John's family and friends.
                              How sad this time must be for them all. Love and prayers to you.

Robin & John and family
                              John Runne
                              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                              X