Sanction ID 1799

Regatta Dayton Hydrobowl
    Date 2007-09-07 thru 2007-09-09
    Sanction Status Approved Region # 6
    Conducting Club U. S. TITLE SERIES INC Club# 125
    Co-Host Marvin Windows
    Application Date 2007-07-20 Approved on 2007-08-09

Place Dayton , OH Eastwood Lake

Directions Take I-75 to Needmore Road Exit. Go east 10 miles to Route 4. Lake is at the intersection of Route 4 and Habersham Road.

Accommodations Comfort Suites Inn, Dayton OH - 937-425-6498 - Mention "U.S. Title Series" for a discount rate of $78 per night.

Classes
    Saturday, September 8, 2007
    04020 - 250CCR 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04040 - 500CCR 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04190 - K PRO H 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04200 - 125CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04220 - 350CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04230 - 500CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap

Sunday, September 9, 2007
    04010 - 125CCR 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04030 - 350CCR 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04210 - 250CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04260 - 1100CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap
    04280 - 175CCH 3 Mile/4 Lap

Friday - TESTING All Classes 1000-1800 Saturday - 250R, 350H, 500R, Intermission, 125H, KPH, 500H Sunday - 1100H #1 (350R, 250H, 125R, 175H 2 heats) 1100H #2 Testing - 10:30 to 12:00 Saturday and Sunday Racing - 12:30 Saturday and Sunday
    Format/Rules Format/Rules - All classes - 4 laps of a 3/4 mile course. APPROVED for records. TYPE OF START: Clock

Prizes Olympic Style Medallions; Prize Money will be mailed by check according to USTS rules. Must be member of U.S. Title Series to qualify for prize money. Medals awarded 15 minutes after each day of racing.

Registration Friday - in Pits - Open 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday - in Pits - Open 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. NO Sunday Registration.

Drivers Meeting Saturday and Sunday - in Pits - 10:00 a.m.

Send Entries To Register on-line at www.ustitleseries.org (Log on and password may be obtained by contacting the webmaster via the home page link.) MAIL: Shirley Summers, 36788 N. Helen, Lake Villa, IL 60046
    Entry Fees $35.00 - per Class $15.00 - K Pro H

Officials
    AsstRef: EDWIN G THIRLBY 145 ROMAN DR TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684-8134
    Inspector: MARSHALL ELDREDGE 8030 COUNTY ROAD 48 YALAHA, FL 34797-3164
    RaceDir: KRISTI ELLISON 6208 BURNSIDE PLACE FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28311-2923
    Referee: IAN AUGUSTINE 24131 DOREEN DR GAITHERSBURG, MD 20882-3001
    RiskMan: PAUL BOSNICH II P O BOX 844 DEPUE, IL 61322-0844
    Scorer: SHIRLEY A SUMMERS 36788 N HELEN DR LAKE VILLA, IL 60046-5412

Notes * NO LATE ENTRIES will be accepted after driver registration is closed. * All U.S.Title Series Rules and Regulations apply. * Racing Uniform Dress Code will be enforced. * Driver must scratch before or during driver roll call to receive refund. No late scratches allowed. * $50 penalty fee for destroying each buoy. * Three Heats, except as noted. * Both scheduled days of racing will be run on one day due to possible bad weather conditions on either race day. * Number of laps and number of heats will be shortened due to weather conditions. * Insured TESTING for Capsule and non-capsule boats on Friday. *** STRICTLY ENFORCED - THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED IN THE PARK.***

Surveyor Boutwell and Associates

This Regatta is Sanctioned through the APBA
    All prizes are the reponsibility of the conduction club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised this event may be canceled prior to the race due to cir***stances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

KRISTI ELLISON
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Weather looks a bit nasty according to the HR radar any word from the pits ?
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

USTS - Dayton

We finished the first set of racing and had just begun the second set when a nasty storm fell upon us. We will finish Saturday's racing early Sunday and then move into Sunday's racing.

I believe a couple of runabout records were established. Good race course and conditions until the storm blew in.

DW
      David Weaver

Comment

Yea, a bunch of women were out, in the thunder and lightning, getting all the boats left on the beach, taking down the judges' stand, and the computers, while most of the men were in a dry trailer. lol The rain was so hard it hurt, so we're all laughing at the news for announcing that there's thunder storm warnings. So yea, I would say that the weather is "a bit nasty." LOL
        "The 12-step chocoholics program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!" -Terry Moore

Comment

Dayton, USTS

Well, mother nature removed the course markers, thereby scratching any records that had been established on Saturday. All of Saturday's heats were completed and we ran an abbreviated schedule for Sunday. Great racing and no accidents. Dayton had not received rain in about 2 months, but the drought officially ended this weekend!!!!

This was my first time to race at Dayton and I really enjoyed it. Personally, I do not believe that the required 3/4 mile layout works well for a full field of PRO boats at this site. We needed just a few more lanes to manauever. But with that said, I loved the deck to deck racing and unbeliveably fast lap times.
          David Weaver

Comment

David,

What were the unofficial results?

Tim
            Tim Weber

Comment

David. The approved 3/4 record course layout is not good. But that is the one we are all stuck with. Russ Dodge who did our record course plots for Oroville is not a fan of this course. Something you Category Commissioners need to discuss.
              bill b

Comment

The Course

Bill,

I believe if we had had a little more width that the course would have worked OK. But, I do not remember the layout receiving a lot of complements either.

I thought that we had good racing on the layout, but probably could have developed a faster course layout for the distance. Because of the short run up to the starting clock, we tended to have a bit of "log jam" at the starting line and the first turn.

For Dayton, I could see a good mile or 1 1/4 layout.

DW
                David Weaver

Comment

here are the results to the best of my knowledge.

125 runabout- Brian Payne VRP, Hydro- Tim Small GRM
                  250 runabout- Brian Payne VRP, Hydro- Brandon Thirlby VRP
                  350 runabout- Tim Small GRM, Hydro- David Mitchell GRM
                  500 runabout- Mike Thirlby Konny, Hydro Sean McKean GRM
                  1100 Hydro- Doug Hall GRM
                  Not Sure on K Pro

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Results

Good memory Doug.

I believe that Travis Ellison won K PRO.

We welcomed another Thirlby to the water, as Tyler completed his first heats of racing. Herb Lamphear returned to boat racing in 125cc hydro. Mike Pumphrey purchased a 500/1100 hydro and will join the USTS in 2008. Rumor has it that Amy Nydhal will get the keys to the Thirlby Automotive 125cc hydro in 2008.
                    David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                    X