DSH at the Nats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSH at the Nats.

How was the breakdown in the finals between the two engines? been camping the past few days and might have missed this. Thanks , Shawn

If my memory serves me correct it was...

Mercury 1st
    Tohatsu 2nd
    Mercury 3rd
    Mercury 4th
    Tohatsu 5th

I think there was 15 total entries, and 7 of them were tohatsu's
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

The Tohatsus ran really well.
      bill b

Comment

D stock

Did one engine seem to have any specific advantage , or was it close racing?

Comment

not close Tohatsu really strong with an experienced racer would run away from Mercury

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by Gator 44F View Post
            not close Tohatsu really strong with an experienced racer would run away from Mercury

I respectfully disagree. Dan (Merc) was clearly the fastest, ran a smart race and won. Second quickest was Kyle (Merc) and 3rd Cory (TOH), although Kurt (TOH) had top end on everybody. The boats with Merc's overall handled better, because, in my opinion, have had many years to develop their setups. During the race I passed TOH's and Merc's and was passed by TOH's and Merc's. Dare I say "parity"? Not at all. But it was sure fun heading to the first turn knowing each motor's strengths and weaknesses...
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Guedo you made my point TOH with time to delvelop will be clearly faster already faster on top end

Comment

D stock

Were the boats for the T zoos larger than a typical DSH ? seem to be the trend ? looking at next season, Thanks , Shawn

Comment

Shawn- a couple of boats were DSH size and a little out of control. There was a new lay down that looked a little bigger with a new driver and was the fastest boat there. With setup will compete anywhere. In mod where there is no height restrictions will be very fast

Comment

Guedo you made my point TOH with time to delvelop will be clearly faster already faster on top end
                    Maybe. There are a few fast Mercs that weren't at Nationals. But on the big course at Lawrence in May, I understand the Mercs were faster. We'll see what happens next month. Folks sure seem to jump to conclusions (in both directions) based on one race.
                    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                    sigpic
                    Portland, Oregon
                    Johnson Racing

Comment

and it very well should..............it should be the motor of choice in DSH...........think about the future..........

BTW, Dan H. had the fastest DSH there..........44XS powered........

the guy in the Tohatsu powered new laydown in the finals was Kurt Myers, who is not new......
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                        The Tohatsus ran really well.
                        It was their drivers that didn't do so well: gun jumping probably cost the Tohatsu a championship.

BTW: I lost the 25R that way, so I can say that.
                        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Ed - you weren't texting results while driving that heat, were you?
                          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                          sigpic
                          Portland, Oregon
                          Johnson Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
                            Were the boats for the T zoos larger than a typical DSH ? seem to be the trend ? looking at next season, Thanks , Shawn
                            Shawn, the Tohatsu boats are very similiar to the Merc boats, bottom width, afterplane, etc..........maybe add an inch here and there for the Tohatsu........I learned that very quickly....
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                              I respectfully disagree. Dan (Merc) was clearly the fastest, ran a smart race and won. Second quickest was Kyle (Merc) and 3rd Cory (TOH), although Kurt (TOH) had top end on everybody. The boats with Merc's overall handled better, because, in my opinion, have had many years to develop their setups. During the race I passed TOH's and Merc's and was passed by TOH's and Merc's. Dare I say "parity"? Not at all. But it was sure fun heading to the first turn knowing each motor's strengths and weaknesses...
                              I thought that the two Tohatsu's that ran out front the second heat were clearly the fastest. They put a pretty good lead on Hauenstein. Dan and Kyle were certainly not too far behind, but I thought that the dominant motor was clear. The Tohatsu is the motor to have in DSH, and that's the way it should be. A new motor is the only way to really grow the class, and keep it around for the long term, and we need a DSH class.
                              Ryan Runne
                              9-H
                              Wacusee Speedboats
                              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Working...
                              X