Nationals Ridesharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals Ridesharing

Bowman just gave me an idea. I am currently in Denver trying to get my simulator sessions out of the way and get my Airline Transport Pilot and type rating for the jet while NOT thinking about the Nationals... DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE!!! I am planning on heading to either Spokane or Seattle on saturday and meeting up with Dad there. I was wondering if anyone's travel plans approximate that so maybe a few of us could carpool into Moses Lake. I realize this is last minute, but what the hell. We don't even have a hotel yet! If it looks like any of you are in the same boat, give me a call on my cell. Maybe we could help each other out. Thanks all!

Ryan Burdick
    262-949-2720

ride sharing..........

if anyone is flying into Seattle in the evening after 7:30PM, I could swing by the airport and pick them up, on my way to Moses Lake...........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Spokane...

Save yourself a hour plus of driving time and fly into Spokane ... and miss all the Puget Sound traffic too.

Originally posted by 22W View Post
      Bowman just gave me an idea. I am currently in Denver trying to get my simulator sessions out of the way and get my Airline Transport Pilot and type rating for the jet while NOT thinking about the Nationals... DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE!!! I am planning on heading to either Spokane or Seattle on saturday and meeting up with Dad there. I was wondering if anyone's travel plans approximate that so maybe a few of us could carpool into Moses Lake. I realize this is last minute, but what the hell. We don't even have a hotel yet! If it looks like any of you are in the same boat, give me a call on my cell. Maybe we could help each other out. Thanks all!

Ryan Burdick
      262-949-2720
      BOPP

Comment

Give it up, Ryan. I'm in the same boat. Down in Orlando at Simcom for annual King Air refresher training wishin' I was in my new rig. But, the big difference is that you are completing your ATP type rating. Focus on that ! There will be other Stock Nationals. You need to do well in Denver. You have a long career ahead of you. Good luck. Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
          Save yourself a hour plus of driving time and fly into Spokane ... and miss all the Puget Sound traffic too.
          Plane tickets are (or were) significantly more expensive to fly into Spokane rather than Seattle.
          The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

Flights...

Originally posted by acr924 View Post
            Plane tickets are (or were) significantly more expensive to fly into Spokane rather than Seattle.
            Make sure you check Southwest Air ...
            BOPP

Comment

Dad has benefits on US Airways only. That is the "Big Brother" whom I fly for. Unfortunately my crappy right coast based airline doesn't venture into too many places in WA. Spokane and Seattle are it for choices, and since Dad is flying standby he has to go where the loads are the lightest. Thanks for the offer Daren, I will get in touch with you if it looks like that would help.

Mike- They now have all of us on the "short" program. Three sims, a LOFT, and then the Type/ATP. Rushes you a bit, but I guess the upside is that you get done quickly! It will be the best feeling in the world to sit at nationals with a beer in hand and the ink still drying in my pocket.

Comment

As a retired Maint MGR for TWA and AA. What about reduced rates now called ZED fares. Kinda late now. You need to buy them at your airline ticket counter.
                bill b

Comment

Yeah, our Staff Travel office is kind of useless. This is all last minute, so ZED fares would have been an option earlier. Loads don't look horrible, but I have to be careful so that I don't leave Papa Bear stranded somewhere. It makes him kind of grumpy!

Comment

Stranded!! Yes I know what you mean. Non Rev travel can be a hassle at times. Sometimes buying a ticket On-Line is much less a hassle. Look me up at Moses Lake we can compare notes on working for an airline. The wife was a Flt attn.
                    bill b

Comment

Working...
                    X