2007 PRO Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 PRO Nationals

The DePue Men's Club and the USTS completed another successful PRO National Championship over the weekend. There were over 220 entries, a good sign of the health of our sport given the high price of gasoline. Competition was outstanding all weekend. We will follow-up with more color on the racing action shortly. The ALKY racers reunion appeared to be a success as well with very good attendance and some great old boats on display.

Big Thanks in no particluar order are extended to:

The DePue Men's Club and the City of Depue
    The judges stand (Charlie, Shirley, Liz, Bev, Cookie, Hoosker, et al.)
    The safety crew, Fred, Black Diamond, etc.
    The Brinkman Family for chipping-in when and where needed
    The USTS for providing the equipment
    The countless volunteers, including turn judges and the teams that helped clean-up and put away the equipment following the race
    The fans who show outstanding support every year
    The weather for cooperating this year!!

A considerable amount of cooperation and sportsmanship was demonstrated throughout the weekend. There is a good chance that the Nationals could return to DePue in 2008. I believe that this was the 28th or 29th year in a row that the PRO Nationals was held at DePue.
    David Weaver

Only 23 this year

This was our 23 Pro National's at DePue and the Mens Club said we will be invited back next year. These guys are great, and there were a lot of Men's Club faces that were doing the work at the 1st National's. The DePue Men's Club is a totally awesome group of people.

The Drivers Party on Wednesday which is hosted by the West Coast was a great sucess. Joe Johnson and Rich Fuschlin and the Little Fox crew have this grill thing down to an art form. Terry Z was all over the place with her camera and setting out food and playing hostess to people in line by bringing them samples. Great job west coast friends and thanks to the Whooskers for the wonderful chili, and to everyone who brought something to share. Excellent food. And can't forget Steve and Connie and their famous mudslides.

The first Alky reunion was an outstanding success. Really brought a lot of "young at heart" people out and back to DePue. Did not ever hear one tiny complaint. Huge kudo's to the people who organized the event.

A huge thanks to all the people of the USTS and here I could just print the membership list because in this group, everyone does something. I heard a lot of compliments from people who had only heard of the USTS and now saw this group in action. In a word, we Rock. Just passing along what I heard.

Comment

Does anyone have the final standings for all the classes? I would like to see some of the names that were there because, 220 entries is GREAT!!
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
      X