DePue Saturday Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DePue Saturday Racing

Long day of racing due to lots of spills and hit bouys in the second set of racing. Pete Voss was hurt in 500cc runabout, I believe a bruised or broken hip, as 3 boats came together at the start. No other injuries.

Brandon Thirlby wan 700cc hydro. I believe that Rich Krier beat out a very, very tough 250cc runabout field (great racing!!). Zach Mahiot won a duel in 350cc hydro over Jeff Kugler. Mike Thrilby prevailed in 500cc runabout. IO apologize that I did get the antique results. Lots of gun jumpers and a few spills with old iron. Buddy Tennell won the 175cc world championships.

It appears that the racers reunion is a success and it is great to see some old racing equipment on display.

Sunday's racing includes 23 125cc hydro's, 20 250cc hydro's, 12 1100cc hydro's, 8 1100cc runabouts and 13 350cc runabouts. It should be an outstanding day of racing. Big money for the winner of the 1100 class.
    David Weaver

What happened to the 700cc runabout class?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Extinct

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
      What happened to the 700cc runabout class?
      David,

700 runabout has not been run in over 20 years.

Too fast and scarey.
      David Weaver

Comment

I know that it hasn't run in a long time - just wondering why?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

700ccR

Got going too fast for the boats and participation dropped off, so the class was terminated.

Comment

Working...
          X