Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA 2007 Long Course Nationals Centralia, IL

Updated: July 6, 2007

The 2007 NBRA Long Course Nationals are August 3rd - 5th hosted by the ODA and located in Centralia, IL at Raccoon Lake. Centralia is located 60 miles east of St. Louis MO.

Directions as follows:

From the West take I-64 to highway 161 at the New Baden exit, go East 30 miles to Centralia. In Centralia go thru town to the East side at the last stop light and turn left on Country Club Road, follow the signs this road ends at the pits.

From the East, North or South connect to I-57 and take to highway 161 Centralia exit, go west 9 miles to the first stop light and turn right on Country Club Road, follow the signs this road ends at the pits.

Schedule as follows:

Thursday August 2nd pit area (boat ramp) will be closed to the public at 7:00 AM for our use. Set up and arrivals will begin at this time. (If you arrive before this time you may pull up into the park area but the parking lot/ pit area at the ramp must remain open for public use.) Testing will be from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
    Evening drivers meeting 6:30PM at the Bell Tower Inn Conference Room, If you are here it is suggested that drivers and their crews be at the meeting and if you do not get here until Friday and elimination heats are required we will have a 12:00PM drivers meeting before we run eliminations on Friday afternoon and at this time we can review with those who were not at Thursday’s meeting.

Friday August 3rd: Testing starting at 10:00 AM, if elimination heats are needed we will start them at 1:00PM and resume testing after eliminations until 5:00 PM.

Saturday August 4th: Testing starting at 10:00 AM, drivers meeting 11:30 AM, racing starting at 1:00PM.

Saturday evening: The Moose Lodge in Centralia is having a steak dinner and band for $13.00 per person plus transportation will be available with pick up and return to the Americas Best Bell Tower Inn if desired. There will be other food items available for those who have children and want something other than steak. This will start at 6:30PM and will be a good time. If you know that you want to attend please email with how many will be in your party to alan@depewandowen.com

Sunday August 5th “no morning testing”, short drivers meeting 11:30 AM, testing from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM, racing starting at 1:00 PM.

The reserved rate host hotel is the Americas Best Value / Bell Tower Inn (PETS are NOT allowed), for reservations call 618-532-1300 and ask for the NBRA Boat Race Rate $42.46 plus tax standard room and $50.96 plus tax for a deluxe. (MAKE RESERVATIONS EARLY) The other local motel is Motel Centralia 618-532-7357. If the local hotels are booked the closest hotels are in Salem IL about 20 minutes from the race site, Comfort Inn 618-548-1795 and The Salem Inn 618-548-4212. Please contact me if you need assistants 618-532-1160, 618-322-1160 cell or alan@depewandowen.com Camping will be allowed for drivers and crew only in the park area and there are NO UTILITIES so units must be self-contained. There is a campground called the Flying M Ranch located about 15 minutes from the race site with full utilities. For information call 618-532-8602

It is strongly advised to bring carts for your boats, as the launching area is located at the end of the pits.

Please come and enjoy the 2007 NBRA Long Course Nationals. I think you will agree that we have some of the finest water to race on in Centralia.

Prize/Tow money will be $4,500.00, APBA and AOF cards will be honored

Alan Owen
    Race Director

The competition lasts 3 laps, the friendships last forever
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

NBRA Nationals Centralia

The tentative schedule will be as follows:
    Sat Aug 4th:
    Novice
    EH
    BR
    --------
    SER
    CSH
    DR
    --------
    CH
    AR
    BH
    ------

Sun Aug 5th:
    ER
    B-1H
    CR
    -------
    AH
    DH
    -------
    SEH
    Mod 25H

Also the drivers meeting that was posted for Thursday at 6:30 PM will now be at the race site and not at the Bell Tower INN. For those that do not make it we will have a short drivers meeting on Friday and if eliminations are needed we will run them starting at 1:00

Alan Owen

Comment

For those that have never been to Centralia - it's a very nice place to race.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Centralia

David are you coming?
        Keith Kampen

Comment

Just a reminder to all that AOF and APBA cards will be honored and all are most welcome. As you saw at the APBA Mod Nationals some of the NBRA folks are capable of leading the pack. Ralpk Cook was cooking in the second heat of FEH until he blew it over. Up to that point he and Hunter were in a slugfest. Great race! Rick Miller is also a standout. His CSH and B-1 are tough.
          Last edited by Jack Stotts; 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Centralia Hotel Number

By mistake the phone number for the Americas Best Bell Tower Inn was posted as 618-532-1300 the real number is 533-1300. I just had a call from the people that live at at the other number.

Sorry! Alan Owen

Comment

NBRA Nats

Sorry I won't be able to make it guys. We'll be in Moses Lake. Hopefully we can keep that "Mutual Cooperation" goin and I'll be there next year. Be safe. Ed Hearn.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

I can not make a Friday meeting can I show up late? My classes are on Sunday.

Comment

Late Arrival

I am sure we can work something out for you. I hope you can make it. I am there right now and it looks like it will be a great turnout!!!!!!!!!!
                  Keith Kampen

Comment

late arrival

I will be arriving late, sometime Friday. What classes do you expect eliminations? Hope we make it in time.

Tony Anderson
                    DR and DH

=========================
                    Tony L. Anderson
                    tonylanderson@hotmail.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Im sorry we cant be up there guys.. this is the first year since we started racing that we are missing Nationals... keep me updated we would have loved to be there
                      John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                      Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                      Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                      Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Good luck drivers be safe!
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
                          Im sorry we cant be up there guys.. this is the first year since we started racing that we are missing Nationals... keep me updated we would have loved to be there
                          John, I'm not going to make it this year either. I'm at work as I type this...

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

NBRA Nats

There should not be eliminations in DHydro or runabout. We will keep registration open all weekend as long as your entry does not make eliminations. It looks like elims. in E Hydro and C Hydro so far but alot of people are not coming in until tomorrow.
                            Keith Kampen

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
                              It looks like elims. in E Hydro and C Hydro so far but alot of people are not coming in until tomorrow.

Thanks for that update Keith. I feel a little better about not taking the gamble now... I'd hate to drive 600 miles one way to find out that my class had eliminations yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X