Jimmy Shane gets Unlimited ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Shane gets Unlimited ride

It was just announced by the Formula Boats team that Jimmy Shane will replace Mike Allen (injured at Detroit) in one of their boats for the Tri-Cities, WA. race. I'm sure that you Maryland guys know him. It's been too long since an East Coast guy got to drive one of these.
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

Go Jimmy!

Although they both race inboards now, Jimmy started in Stock Outboard just as his dad, Stu Shane, started in Stock Outboard in the early 1960's.

On a whim I bought a 1980's ASR listed on eBay years ago because it was located nearby. When Austin and I went to pick it up we met the Shanes: Stu, Robin, and Jimmy. This was before Kelly began racing 1.5 Liter too.

I wanted to see if I could get Austin interested in boat racing. It didn't work. The boat sat in our garage, untouched, for another few years.

I've got that weird wedge-shaped ASR stuck back in a storage trailer now otherwise I would post a picture. But it's got all the original hardware and decals from when Jimmy last raced it. So once Jimmy joins the other all-stars on the Unlimited circuit his original race boat should be worth, what, at least one or two million dollars?

By the way, what was J. Michael's first race boat and who might be the present owner?
    Last edited by Mark 72@E; 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Jimmy took a ride in my sons AXSH last fall at Long Sault. Jonathan had promised him a ride all summer so on the Sunday Jimmy took the boat out, jumped the first heat and 3rd in the second heat.....

Coincidently it was the Shanes who got my son into inboards, 2 summers ago Robin let my son race the Hijacker, and last year hooked us up with a boat and my son is running ASR and 1.5ltr inboard.

We are extremely happy for Jimmy, he is a great young man and is so deserving of this unlimited ride...

Comment

When j Michaels done with them there ready for the burn pile.

Comment

Working...
        X