Roll Call for 25SSH at Moses Lake Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call for 25SSH at Moses Lake Nats

OK, I have 3 for sure, 1 possible, and 1 is a long shot. So, we need at least 4)25's (hopefully 5) to make the trip West of the Rockies to have a 25SSH class.

Who is coming FOR SURE, as in already has reservations and or vacation time. Sound off

Hey Mike - are you a for sure or the long shot?
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
    sigpic
    Portland, Oregon
    Johnson Racing

Comment

The Tates are coming and can bring another 25SSh entry. Please post if you will be running 25SSH at Moses Lake. If enough people say they are running then they will find a way to bring it. If not enough post then it will stay home. Here is were the SORC has to debate at a national meeting when a class can't even get enough boats to run. You guys with 25SSH equipment need to support this class if it's to continue as a national class. Send your rig with someone who is going.
      mike ross

Comment

If I can find another region 10 driver for John Adams outfit (or someone John trusts to drive it) then we will have 4 for sure.
        How many 25's on the Tate trailer? Are you coming Mike R?

So far;

Mike Bartlett
        Steve BorkX2
        John Adams (most likely)

I would like to run anyway, even if we don't get National status.

Comment

One more...

Remember, Larry O said someone could drive his rig, he just needs some help locating that pesky powerhead... I asked my mother if I could drive it, but the mom-o-meter said "no". I got out the tape-measure, the ol' Karelson 66R rules out to be exactly 6" shorter than my ASH - I nominated Kyle "I have big" Bahl(s) to drive and he agreed. So to all those out there, find that powerhead!
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Hold on there, a sec...mikey!

"Here is were the SORC has to debate at a national meeting when a class can't even get enough boats to run. You guys with 25SSH equipment need to support this class if it's to continue as a national class. Send your rig with someone who is going"

Mike,
            this isn't exactly 25ssh country, what do you expect???
            not everyone can afford or get off to make the trip.
            now, next year there will be eliminations at the nationals in 25ssh.
            so ya gotta be flexible

still laughin about sending my rig with someone who is going...that's a good one!

good luck to those that go, sure hope there is a 25 race and all are safe..
            now back to work....
            http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

... the ol' Karelson 66R rules out to be exactly 6" shorter than my ASH - I nominated Kyle "I have big" Bahl(s) to drive and he agreed.

Please don't find the powerhead
              A 25 boat smaller than an A needs someone with the ability to "BACK OFF"!
              No offense Kyle, you're a good driver, 25SSH in a boat that's too small will get you hurt

Comment

"Mike,
                this isn't exactly 25ssh country, what do you expect???
                not everyone can afford or get off to make the trip.
                now, next year there will be eliminations at the nationals in 25ssh.
                so ya gotta be flexible"

Ya, I know
                Gotta promote the class
                Is it Wakefield next year? I'll be there!!!

How many 25's you think there will be a Dayton this year, hmmmmm, I could do that drive in 2 days at 18 hours a day.....

Comment

Jeff I am always flexible. I am just trying to get all the Stock Outboarder's to realize the problems we may face going forward. That is why we formed a commitee to help move forward which is heading by John Runne. I think Tates have room to take your rig. Get the better half to buy you a ticket and make it happen. I am not going due to job not producing income to justify it. I know this year will be tough for a lot of folks from the east. Hope they have enough to run it at Moses Lake. Tate's will borrow Brinkmans motor and put it on there C hydro. So they only have one. Mike
                  mike ross

Comment

Sorry Guys...

To All,

When you have to scrounge up enough drivers and find equipment, it does not sound like a national class to me. This class should become a local class.

To Ed Hearn... get right in here and designate 25XSH as not being a national class. Similar to your enthusiasm about the D Tohatsu gear ratio issue just before the Nationals.
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I'lll drive anything...

Johnny, if Larry O can find that powerhead i'm down...I'll be a boat whore for the oberto family any day of the week. Or for that matter anyone with 25xs equipment that live in the NW that are not planning on running in moses, i would be happy to drive it for them! Anything to build or make a class competitive at a nationals. And another option for a driver (i'm not speaking on his behalf, just suggesting) is Zach Malhiot...he'll be at Moses.

Kyle "apparently have big" Bahl(s)
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                        Johnny, if Larry O can find that powerhead i'm down...I'll be a boat whore for the oberto family any day of the week. Or for that matter anyone with 25xs equipment that live in the NW that are not planning on running in moses, i would be happy to drive it for them! Anything to build or make a class competitive at a nationals. And another option for a driver (i'm not speaking on his behalf, just suggesting) is Zach Malhiot...he'll be at Moses.

Kyle "apparently have big" Bahl(s)
                        Oops, sorry, I was thinking Lewis, my bad
                        We will need a driver for Borks 25 on his D boat, Kyle Lewis can drive that and you can drive Oberto's boat. Just make sure your on the outside and put 20-30 pounds of lead in that little boat. I saw too much of that bottom racing next to Larry

Comment

Hey, Why not ax BSH also..............

As far as i know BSH will have ZERO entries at the Nationals. If you are to ax 25ssh as a National class perhaps to be fair BSH and any other class without the minimum number of boats should be 'localized'. Brewster is right, this is an odd Nationals in that it is in a pocket of the country where 20 percent of the racers reside and most of the other 80 percent will probably pass on this years event due to the geography.

If i was a motor manufacturing company i would be concerned over Commisioners making comments in a public forum in regards to localizing classes due to minimum entrants at the Nationals!! Careful guys!

Comment

First of all this thread wasnt started to bash Ed Hearn or decide which classes are weak and shouldnt be a national class. It was started to see how many 25SSH's would make it out there. At this point till the new motors are avalible one should be thankful to get what boats there are on the water. I cant make it this year as Im in the process of moving from Va to Fla and thats two less BSH's that will be there. I think we beat the DSH rule to death in another thread and anyone that still has a problem can talk to Ed face to face at Moses Lake and not waste band width in a public forum.
                            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                              As far as i know BSH will have ZERO entries at the Nationals. If you are to ax 25ssh as a National class perhaps to be fair BSH and any other class without the minimum number of boats should be 'localized'. Brewster is right, this is an odd Nationals in that it is in a pocket of the country where 20 percent of the racers reside and most of the other 80 percent will probably pass on this years event due to the geography.
                              But if Racing Outboards shows up with 4-5 Sidewinders - we find boats and run "probational BSH nationals".

2007 Nationals is "odd" due to location. West coast folks might have the same opinion of 2008 Nationals. Just pointing that out, not starting a pissing contest(but somebody else probably will ).

You are raising a valid issue as to Nationals location. This is stock, not PRO, but PRO Nationals at DePue each year seems to be a concept that avoids the some of the travel/time issues with a central, consistent location.

We just want Bartlett to get his 25 jollies.
                              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                              sigpic
                              Portland, Oregon
                              Johnson Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X