DSR Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSR Drivers

Just a little tid bit of info. Last weekend at Constintine we had 2 drivers from out of state show up to race DSR. One came from Wisconsin and one from New York. Not one DSR showed up from our state. If this class is to stay on our MHRA schedule we need everyone with a DSR rig to support the class. Its not just a Michigan problem its a National Class problem. If the entries don't show then this class could be eliminated. With the new Tahatsu hopefully this will breath life into the D class. It seems to be doing it in DSH. I felt bad and senced some frustration from those guys who traveled to Michigan to run. They new our area was one that would let them field there DSR rigs. At Top-O Marathon last year we had quite a few DSR's. Dust off them 44xs's and lets get them on the race coarse. Mikey
    mike ross

MI DSR where are you?

Just a quick follow up to Mikeys post. Was this a one year thing or are the MI DSR guys done with short course? Pearson, Gootz, Cupps, Phillips, Veum, do you guys still want to run short course with us? MI used to have a real strong field of guys in DSR that would run short course and the marathons. However, in the last couple of years no one has run the short course. MHRA is being asked to add more MOD classes to our Constantine schedule. Personally I have urged to club to resist doing that because we still have such strong fields in every Stock Class at our race. However, if no DSR show anymore for the short course we will consider dropping the class. I definetely do not want to sound threatning (I do not mean it that way). However, I would like some feedback. Do the MI DSR want to run short course? I love watching 8-12 DSR run and hope you do, but the message the last few years is that you do not. Let me know what you think?

BTW, Josh I think you would of had your hands full with Luce! That rig looked crazy fast sitting on the beach.

Thanks,
    Dean
    MHRA Commodore

Comment

more info

As Referee and schedule maker at Constantine for the last 5+ years I will add that this is the third year in a row that DSR did not run. Each year 1 or 2 show up but not the 6-8 we see at the other MHRA races or 4 years ago at Constantine.

Mark

Comment

Tohatsu's At Top O' Michigan

Hey,

Don't forget the Tohatsu's. I understand that several will be at Top O' Michigan.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

If Josh Pearson's 44xs breaks I anticapate he will do like he did at the snowmobile weekend when his snowmobile broke. Showed up the next day with a brand new Arctic Cat Crossfire. Have your checkbook handy Josh so you can go out and buy a new Tahatsu for day 2. Make sure Mr Sorenson brings a complete engine to the marathon so he has one that can be sold to who ever wants or needs it. Bass Brothers I am just letting you know when oppertunity's knock. First man to help gets the sale. That fresh up north Michigan air helps folks make quick dessions in times of need. Mike
          mike ross

Comment

First of all, I'd like to apologize to the guys who made the trip with there D and didn't have the turn out they were hoping on. I know from experience how frustrating it can be to show up at a race and not have enough to run. I truly do apologize for that.

I know a few weeks and even a few days prior to Constantine the phone calls were out among us Michigan guys trying to figure out who was or was not going. Veum and Gootz in particular called me just days before the race to find out. I made some calls to the northern guys and found out that none of them were coming with D gear. I personally have been swamped with finishing grad school, buying a house and moving. On a side note, I still have my families Christmas presents sitting in my living room (if this is any indication of how busy I've been). I probably could have put my gear together really quick and made the trip, but thinking that nobody else was going, I didn't see the point. I'm sure that if we would have known others where going to be there, Veum, Gootz and myself would have come. That would have given us at least 5.

The general feeling I'm getting from most of the northern guys is that D is secondary to DUX boat racing. I'm pretty positive Brian Lauer is done running D in both Marathon and short course. Phillips will probably only run his D at races that have DUX's. Cupps is the same, except only in short course. I believe his knee is to bad for running marathons. Veum and Gootz are good for whatever races everyone decides to show up to. The remainder of this year is going to be tough for me, but I still intend on going to all the races that they will have a field. I'm still trying to work the time to make it out west to the nationals. My favorite race of the year (other than the Marathon nationals) is Grass Lake and I hope to God we have a good field this year. Last year nobody showed up which forced me to take a trip down the road to Hillsdale to a mod race. Nothing against the mod guys, but the course at Grass Lake is one of the best.

There has also been some new blood to the class. Obviously, DSR is really hurting right now, but removing them from the schedule at a time where we're actually getting some new interest is disappointing to hear. I hope we can remain patient and with this new motor we can turn this thing around. I LOVE this class. I think there is a real future for it and some renewed interest. Please don't give up on us yet.

Josh

Comment

P.S. Mike is right, bring one of those Tahotsu's... I've been itching to get one. And I always seem to break down in that race...

Comment

I choose to race

I'm with Josh on this. This is a total lack of communication between the guys from out of state and the MI. DSR drivers. Had I know for sure that the others were coming to Constantine I would have brought my trailer with me as I was there anyway to drop off a boat. That standing around without my own pit area sucked and I felt totally out of place. Last year I was the only DSR at Constantine and none at Grass Lake and both our favorites of mine. As Josh stated Josh, Todd and I are soild to be there but we need to know who else is coming. We (DSR Drivers) need to establish a point of contact whether it be this web site or we exchange numbers I don't care, I'll be the point of contact if need be. I too love this class and this ole dog ain't ready to retire by any means..........we simply need a forum to communicate effectively. I don't mind this MOD races in my backyard and I will continue to support them but I do need to hang with my Stock Outlaws!! Hey Mikey you're a big boy, why don't you come back and race with us in DSR??????? That's one more.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the feedback

Ok, cool, I am hearing that you still want a place to run short course, but that communication is the issue. I will take it upon myself to put a shout out on Hydroracer prior to Grass Lake and we can do a mini roll call. That has worked pretty effectivley here on Hydroracer before. Let's try and make sure we can get a field together for short course at Grass Lake. Maybe we can get Luce to come back, I really want to see that rig run!! I may even need to try one if I can get a boat like his.....

Later,
                  CSH12M

Comment

Get in a DSR..try it you'll like it!!

Comment

Working...
                    X