Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After some thought

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
    The Stock Outboard Steering Committee is interested in getting some feedback from the article written by Mike Johnson in the June issue of "Propeller Magazine".
    For the most part, I am very impressed with the proposal. I would like to see the commission seek to work with manufacturers in a more open less directive manner. I am pleased that in one of John’s posts the parity concept will not be a factor, at least in the way it has been used for the D-stock. I would also like to see some effort given to allowing racers who have older outdated equipment given a chance to continue racing without impact to new equipment. By forcing someone to buy new equipment may be just another way of asking them not to continue racing.

I propose that there be a division 1 and division 2 for classes where a new engine is being introduced. I discussed this concept with many of the region 10 D-sock racers at Capital Lake race. Tohatsu owners as well as 44xs owners agree that running a division 1 and a division 2 in D-stock, A-stock, or any other class makes sense. Run the two divisions together, score them separately, and after three to five years look for parity opportunity. The point is to let the new engine reach optimum performance without hindering it and allow the older engines to compete on their own scale. During the three to five year period, work with the manufacturer and a balanced committee (not less than 5-members) of new engine and old engine members to discuss parity opportunities that are not dictatorial but agreed by the committee by consensus of the committee. Consensus eliminates the concept of winners and losers occurring under a majority vote. Consensus brings the racers together, not divides. I am experienced is working in organizations where consensus is used for all decision making and it resolved all disputes and works well.

John, I would like to discuss this proposal in much more detail with you. I realize there are lots of issues of how this would fit with high point other national wards. I will not be available for the next week or more.

Sincerely,
    Neil Bass

Comment

Neil, I believe at least 4 members of the steering committee will be at Moses Lk. myself included. I am planning to meet sometime during the week to discuss some issues facing our sport in the immediate future. I am planning to ask certain people to participate & you would be among that group. I'm working on an agenda of topics that I would like the steering committee to address as the off-season approaches. We welcome new ideas but for the purposes of this meeting we would like to keep it brief. So, if you could have somebody jot down the concept we'll entertain a short discussion for now and get back to you in the next few weeks with our opinions of the proposal. Bear in mind that the steering committee only has the authority to make recommendations to the SORC. It is up to the commission to make any decisions.
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
        Neil, I believe at least 4 members of the steering committee will be at Moses Lk. myself included. I am planning to meet sometime during the week to discuss some issues facing our sport in the immediate future. I am planning to ask certain people to participate & you would be among that group.
        I'll buy the first round
        Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
        sigpic
        Portland, Oregon
        Johnson Racing

Comment

Working...
        X