MHRA/Constantine thank you's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHRA/Constantine thank you's

On behalf of Michigan Hydroplane Racing Association, THANK YOU!, to all the new faces that traveled from around the country to race with us. We had a large east coast invasion as well as some Florida rigs and our usual top guns from Region 7. MHRA tries to run some of the best races in the country and I think we put our best foot forward with this event. I hope everyone who traveled a long way had fun. If you did enjoy the race and atmosphere consider coming back for Grass Lake, MI in Sept.

To all the MHRA members who helped put this race on, well done. I am not going to try and list everyone because I know I will leave someone off. However, I think you all did a terrific job and put on a stellar event.

Thanks,
    Dean Sutherland

Thanks to everyone who helped put this race on! It was great! They breezed through a long schedule pretty quick. It was my first time out to Constantine, and it's already on my schedule for next year. Great water, and great turn out! Thanks again MHRA!

Stacy
    "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

We'll be back...

Stacy nailed it on the head. Your region is no joke, 10 AM start time means 10 AM, not 10:05! Definitly a first class race; smooth, quick, and professional. Long ride but well worth it, pretty much the best of the best in the country, at least in my classes. Constantine pushed me over the fence about Grass Lake, if thats run anything like this weekend then we'll be coming to the Midwest more often! Thanks to everyone for having us, see most of you in Washington. Greg Lyons
      Future J dad!

Comment

Greg
        We are looking foward to having you back in the fall. See how many of your fellow east cost racers you can get to come with you.

Comment

pic

where are the pictures at?

Comment

Pictures

Brett - The race photographer was "Leo Schlotter". Leo has done this race and other MHRA club races as a favor to our club for many years. If you contact him and give him your class and boat # he can send you samples to purchase. Leo can be contacted at 812-254-2674.

Side note - If you raced on Saturday there is a chance you were in the pictures that are in my "Web Shots" page. There are currently 198 photos of Saturday posted there with more to follow. This link is only for viewing and they are not for resale.

The best way to view them is to click on the first picture in the album. When that picture shows click on the slid show feature (the little slid pictue icon below the picture) to take you thru the album.

The link is -- http://rides.webshots.com/album/559508910dpvYFY
            Last edited by Tomtall; 06-19-2007, 01:48 PM.
            Tom L.

Comment

To all of you racers who thought contintine was a great race. Myself and Dean will be the referee's for Grass Lake. We are going to try something here to speed up the program and hopefully cut out almost 2 hours. That will mean you maybe on on the road by 3:30 Sunday. You may have several hours before you attend one of the best parties at a boat race. If you have never been, Vic Brinkman puts on the party at the 3 horse club. If you like nascar it will be playing on the bar tv's or if your a football fan you favorite game may be on the big screen. Last year the Ohio boys were treated, and watched there Buckeye's win a nail bitter. They have a DJ for those guys & gals who bring there dancing shoes along with them wet shoes. They will be doing the award's on Saturday for the winners at the bar. And if you have a few hours before the party starts you should look and smell pretty. Anyway thanks for the East Coast envasion at Constintine. We love it when you guys come visit. More details will follow on this next event put on by MHRA. Mike
              mike ross

Comment

2 Hours ?????

Mikey,

Whats the plan??

I have idea's!!!!

Warbs
                64W & 22B

Comment

No patrol boat changes. Set patrol boat officials.
                  mike ross

Comment

They wont be out all day as we will have several officials. We will have a lunch break so we can change to the new group. So it will be like having to work 2 sets. We may even ask for donations from the drivers so we can make sure these officials are taken care of. The drivers should apprecate this and we should have fewer waits while people change equipement as we now have more folks in the pits to help them. If you would like to volenteer to be an official at this race please private message me. It will be worth your while and you will be compensated for your efforts and help. Maybe a date or dance with Stacy Runne at the party. See did such a good job on the judges stand helping last year she got got a free pass back this year. (thanks Dean). Anyway we at MHRA are always looking to try new things to help our show be one of the best in the country. This race site has great water conditions and a super nice coarse. Great pit area. And the party rocks like no other thanks to Vic Brinkman and our host's at the 3 horse club bar. Be there or be square!!!!!! Mikey
                    mike ross

Comment

Mike what are the dates for grass lake?

Comment

Grass Lake

Sept. 8th and 9th. http://www.michiganhydroplane.com/schedule.htm
                        Tom L.

Comment

Mark your calender Phillip. Had 13 bsr's last wekend. Elims with a full 12 boat final. Dont forget to bring your posse!!!!!! Mikey
                          mike ross

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                            It will be worth your while and you will be compensated for your efforts and help. Maybe a date or dance with Stacy Runne at the party. See did such a good job on the judges stand helping last year she got got a free pass back this year. (thanks Dean). Mikey
                            Woah Woah Waoh... Wait a second there Mikey... Do I get a say in this???
                            "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Region 6+7
                              Just wanted to jrop you a line to let you know what a great race, and job you both did at Depue and Constantine. The races went fast and smooth. And both had good turnouts and it was nice to be able to see everyone again since we wont be going to nationals this year. looking foward to returning next year.

Nuccios
                              6f+9f
                              bulldog wrestler for life

Comment

Working...
                              X