Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avg C-mod runabout speed

Hey All,

what is the average speed being seen in C-mod runabout. Just a rough number nobody has to give away any secrets.

Thanks,
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Just vist APBA and look up records for that class.

There may be kilo, 3mile/3lap, 5 mile/3lap, etc.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are running around 70 mph, maybe high 60s.
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
        There may be kilo, 3mile/3lap, 5 mile/3lap, etc.
        LOL i think there might be a bit of a difference between RECORD and average speeds

Comment

C-Mod Runabout Speeds

A good C-Mod runabout should run between 70-73 mph in competition.
          Keith Kampen

Comment

The records for 3 miles/3 lap etc are AVERAGES

Originally posted by kws View Post
            LOL i think there might be a bit of a difference between RECORD and average speeds
            therefore they can be used for a reference. The kilo record would give a pretty good recognized speed for the fastest the boat will go under the record conditions. So what's your point?
            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

KWS is right...

A Kilo record speed could be way diff... people build special boats, special props, no hight limits, etc...

A race record average speed could be way off too... it's the average speed around the race course... usually that number is way below the average end of straightaway speed which is what the OP is asking for.
              Fralick Racing
              Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Cool !!!

Thanks guys,

Yes! I meant average normal lap speed. We tested Mike Rourkes Merc C-mod this weekend, basically a break in period. ran double oil, cold plugs, stock timing and it was and 1 3/8" 12' boat and saw 69.8 on a short couple bursts with a 25XS high rake cleaver.

Regards,
                Attached Files
                Last edited by crankbearing; 06-19-2007, 05:30 AM.
                Dave Scott
                Aim Marine Inc.
                613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                Ottawa, Canada
                DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

What boat is that?
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Ryan,

I think that is Bob Dunlap's old boat that he sold to Scott Reed.

Tim
                    Tim Weber

Comment

You WIll Need

Originally posted by crankbearing View Post
                      Thanks guys,

Yes! I meant average normal lap speed. We tested Mike Rourkes Merc C-mod this weekend, basically a break in period. ran double oil, cold plugs, stock timing and it was and 1 3/8" 12' boat and saw 69.8 on a short couple bursts with a 25XS high rake cleaver.

Regards,
                      A larger prop than that if you are running the 16:21 gears. Those merc 16:21 gearboxes like the big props. Some of the props we used to run on the old Mercs in CMR are to big to pull even with the FE engines.

Looks cool seeing the C Merc still kicking, and I hope to see it out front at some big events. Those open stacks on the C Mercs wind some serious notes on the scale. I would say you are in the hunt for a CMR.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Oh yes! How sweet

Ryan,

Yes that bob's - Scott's - Mike's boat now.

Dave,

Yes you are right man it was sweet to hear that thing singin' a real nice tune. I thought that we might need a smaller wheel but with the stability of the 25xs gearcase and the 16:21 you may just be right.

Regards,
                        Dave Scott
                        Aim Marine Inc.
                        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                        Ottawa, Canada
                        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

That's what I thought Dave. Hope it runs well for him.
                          Ryan Runne
                          9-H
                          Wacusee Speedboats
                          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
                            KWS is right...

A Kilo record speed could be way diff... people build special boats, special props, no hight limits, etc...

A race record average speed could be way off too... it's the average speed around the race course... usually that number is way below the average end of straightaway speed which is what the OP is asking for.
                            Well it looks like per his post Crankbearing wanted average normal lap speed. So that would be a bit greater than the 3 lap average. In any case the records in the APBA reference are good to provide a reasonable range for expected speed and that's all I was proposing.

Comment

What would be the top speed of a good C stock runabout. I remember when
                              I raced back in the early 80's it was 58-60 mph.
                              Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Working...
                              X