My dads new toy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dads new toy.

92 hoffman with a nissan 50.This was Dave Dewalds championship rc cola sponsered boat.Just came back from the paint shop.Does anyone have a cleaver prop that would work on this rig?Thanks
    Attached Files
    Bob

Looks Good

Is he just using it as a toy?????? If so, be very careful. Don't know how it will run with that motor. You should run a 45 with it and race it!!
    Last edited by SE23; 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
      92 hoffman with a nissan 50.This was Dave Dewalds championship rc cola sponsered boat.Just came back from the paint shop.Does anyone have a cleaver prop that would work on this rig?Thanks

Ditch the 50 or just keep it for a fishing boat or better yet sell the 50 which should be no problem at all. Hang an SST45 motor on the transom and go racing! its more fun then just running hot laps alone.

If it's just a lake toy be very careful when all the local hot shots on your lake try to race you. You will never out run the tricked out STV rigs and most likely just get hurt trying to play with the lake thrill seekers. Not to spoil your fun but the boat needs to kept on a closed course environment.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.The motor came off of his dux.He is seriously talking about a 45 omc for it.Do you guys think their will be handling issues with the engine?Thanks
        Bob

Comment

It's a Tohatsu

If it is the carbureted 50HP, you can turn it into a D-stock, or a 45ss under AOF. Nissan is a Tohatsu.
          Neil Bass

Comment

Bob(s)

How old are you and your dad? I've only recently realized there are 2 of you up there. But I've followed the recent history on this boat and your posts on other websites as well. And I know you have already raced some.

I think this rig looks interesting. It should run between a Sport C and an sst45, so probably 55-60 mph. Even though a 45 is really a 60hp, most 45's are only running 65-70 on the course despite rumors. However the club foot will make it hop a little in turns like sst60's.

Of course be careful up there on Mullet... I probably wouldn't use it on weekends. I know there aren't 100+mph STV's up there to worry about, but the faster idiots on PWC's are more what you have to watch out for. Remember your visibility is a lot more limited. I even have a spotter on the radio when I test on my lake.

I find it funny that Dan is telling you to get out there and race it... Dan, take you're own advice!

Any way, let us know how it runs. Take it out a few times yourself too. I'd be happy to help you find a 45ss motor to race on it in the future. AND a 2-seater 13' tunnel boat for your dad to hang that Nissan on...

Good luck-
            kladd-

Comment

Originally posted by race4kaos View Post
              How old are you and your dad? I've only recently realized there are 2 of you up there. But I've followed the recent history on this boat and your posts on other websites as well. And I know you have already raced some.

I think this rig looks interesting. It should run between a Sport C and an sst45, so probably 55-60 mph. Even though a 45 is really a 60hp, most 45's are only running 65-70 on the course despite rumors. However the club foot will make it hop a little in turns like sst60's.

Of course be careful up there on Mullet... I probably wouldn't use it on weekends. I know there aren't 100+mph STV's up there to worry about, but the faster idiots on PWC's are more what you have to watch out for. Remember your visibility is a lot more limited. I even have a spotter on the radio when I test on my lake.

I find it funny that Dan is telling you to get out there and race it... Dan, take you're own advice!

Any way, let us know how it runs. Take it out a few times yourself too. I'd be happy to help you find a 45ss motor to race on it in the future. AND a 2-seater 13' tunnel boat for your dad to hang that Nissan on...

Good luck-
              When I come back no current date set maybe a year or two it will be in OPC, its where I started and what I love the most
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Im 38 and my dad is 58.He really loves this boat and it looks awesome.I think Jose Mendana was the last guy to race this boat.Thanks for the advice guys.
                Bob

Comment

We got a beautiful prop from Dewald and tried it last night.It runs 59mph on gps the engine is bone stock.I took it for a ride and it was my first time in a tunnel and it handled awesome.He is going to get the engine worked on this winter.Know my wife is happy because im going to get a 45 rig for my self.TUNNELS RULE
                  Bob

Comment

There are several good ones for sale out there right now. PM me and I can provide you a list...
                    kladd-

Comment

Current boats for sale:
                      Kevin Duby, MI - 2005 Revolution orange #54 race ready and can win. Comes with sweet 2-plc stacking trailer. $10k
                      Jimmi Merleau, MI - 2001 Pugh Hooters boat #69. Been around the block, but still fast. $9k?
                      John Guimond, IL - 2000 Pugh yellow #7. Older design Pugh, but still competitive $6.5k
                      Pierce Williams, OH - 1998 Hoffman turn key rig in great condition with spares... $7k
                      Milo Degugas, NJ - 1996 Hoffman turn-key rig. He has fast stuff... $?
                      Jason Nelson, NY - 1996 Hoffman boat or turn key $6k?
                      There are more, but these are good and fairly local.

Some other sites (forums) to keep an eye on: (my require signing up, but it's free)
                      http://protunneltour.proboards82.com...rd=classifieds
                      http://www.aprsuperleague.com/ then "news", then "cash from the garage"
                      kladd-

Comment

Working...
                      X