Carleton Place, ON 3-2 days this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carleton Place, ON 3-2 days this weekend

The Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club is having it's 3-2 day race this weekend in Carleton Place, On.

lots of fun for the weekend, beautiful weather and lots of sun. Food in the pits, chicken barb-q. Antique display available. 3-2 days of points.

Here is the link to the sanction. Come on up and have some great times, good racin' and CDN beer EH!

http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/race...1876&hideNav=1

Regards,

Dave Scott
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

carleton place

Don't forget you can get Bush beer at the LCBO for the softies
    Last edited by rich; 06-08-2007, 04:32 AM.
    Rich Hepton 8-CE
    Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club
    DMH/DSH

Comment

best wishes

I wish you guys all the best and hope that Carelton Place is a HUGE success!!
      Carelton Place was always one of my favorite places to race, second only to Sydenham.

Have fun, be safe, and best wishes!!

RussW

sigpic
      SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Carleton PLace Ont.

Just got home after the best race in a long time!!! Our own club (Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club) put this one on.Not to big turnout.,about 50 boats great weather!good partying,loved the course,I"m Hooked for another year.
        SLOPOKE......

Comment

A great time.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of our racers that came out to enjoy the race and have some good competition. We had Awesome weather all weekend and the program moved along. We got our full schedule in with no combined classes. Missed some regular faces at this one but hopefully they will be around next year.

A special thanks to Steve Noury for the 9.5 hr road trip it was great to have you and I am happy you had a good time.

To our club, volunteers and the ladies on the judges stand who were chief scorers in training and to give them a 3-2 race for there first time was a lot of work but they pulled it off and did a fantastic job. To all who were involved in helping with the event a big thank you and hats off on a job well done.

We only had one incident all weekend and it was a pitch in the corner no one hurt but the boat is no worse for wear.

So thanks again to all and for all your help in the success of the race and we hope to see you back next year.

I also wanted to thank the town for their hospitality and the local boaters who were more than patient with us with getting their boats up and down to the boat launch within our schedule, we were competing with two other very large sporting events locally and we still had about 200 people through the gate for spectators who were treated to an awesome view of the whole course but in particular the starting chute and the first corner views were awesome. Thanks again, And Russ OH YES! it was great to be back where it all started for me a lot of memories at this one.

Sincerely,
          Last edited by crankbearing; 06-11-2007, 05:06 AM.
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

carleton place

Thanks all who came up to our race. Weather was great, alot of sunburns going on, and alot of fun.

If I can figure out how to shrink pics, I will post some.
            Rich Hepton 8-CE
            DMH/DSH

Comment

send me the pics.

Originally posted by rich View Post
              Thanks all who came up to our race. Weather was great, alot of sunburns going on, and alot of fun.

If I can figure out how to shrink pics, I will post some.
              E-mail me the pics Rich and I will shrink and post them

multiroom@sympatico.ca

Regards,
              Dave Scott
              Aim Marine Inc.
              613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
              Ottawa, Canada
              DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Awesome weather and great racing.
                Good turnout for the first year, I hope this becomes and annual event.
                Mark Krzyzanowski
                32-CE

Comment

pics

Dave I sent you the pics
                  Rich Hepton 8-CE
                  DMH/DSH

Comment

Had a great time there! The chicken dinner was awesome!!!

Thanks to all for your efforts!! Hope it happens again!
                    Fralick Racing
                    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Super spot for a boat race, good water, nice pits and camping,
                      right on the edge of a small town.
                      Rolf Flentje has to be mentioned for the effort he put into this,
                      and raced Dmod too; -Brad P. has found his calling, he is a super MC;
                      -and Dave busts his guts all day ref'ing and directing the race for us all;
                      -and dozens more, thanklessly working in the sun.
                      A few pix of the pits. My wife does not quite have the action stuff
                      worked out yet.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by bh/; 06-11-2007, 03:50 PM. Reason: sp
                      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Thank You

To the Hosts

Thanks to everyone involved. You had all of the details covered and then some. The spectator viewing area was perfect at the first turn. I spent some time in that area and the people were really enjoying themselves.

To Doug & Dave - job well done with so many trainees under your wings. I know there were many more individuals behind the scenes - Thank you.

Let us know how to order that kind of weather. Picture perfect for the whole weekend.

For those reading this post, Dave mentioned the length of my drive, I was home before midnite Sunday and I watched the last class of the day leave the beach!

31-A

Comment

I had a great time. Thanks has to go out to all the organizers, scorers, inspectors, etc. The race was well run and the weather was great.
                          Steve Noury also deserves a big thanks in helping me get the race and back. And as Steve said, we arrived at his place before midnight, so its not as far as many may think.
                          Also a thanks goes out to Chris Mizener and Mike Rorke for offering me a Y302 head gasket so I could race on Sunday.
                          Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Great PLace

Thanks to Dave Scott, and many others for putting this race on. I had a great time and some great racing. This is an awesome place to race, and look forward to another year. Hopefully we can drag some more FLRC guys along. Only 1.5 hrs away!!
                            Hunter Grimes 4th
                            FEH 93-N

Comment

carleton place

Here are some pics from Carleton Place.
                              DMH
                              CSH
                              FEH
                              Attached Files
                              Rich Hepton 8-CE
                              DMH/DSH