Anyone here into RC Nitro boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into RC Nitro boats?

Im going for the SAW record in the 7.5 ob hydro this fall.The record is around 67 mph.
    Attached Files
    Bob

One more.These things are a blast and the nitro smells oh so sweet
    Attached Files
    Bob

Comment

Rc

The son and I play around with them. Went to a few meets when he was much younger to watch dad race them. Have a few older tunnels that are just pond racers. Saw a very nice tunnel at Franklin in a trailer. Never had a chacne to see it run tough. Good luck with your record attemp. Good looking Prather. And yes the smell of Alky and nitro is addicting.
      Attached Files
      Tom L.

Comment

the nitro is nice but

You can go one bigger it is the gas class the boats are bigger they use weed wacker motors and they turn about 24000 rpm and the world record holder is a rigger like you showed but is larger and its a 102.69 mile and hour
        If you go to Jims rc boat dock you will meet these folks here is the link

http://www.jrcbd.com/

enjoy and let me know if you need anything

Frank Laursen
        www.laursenboatworks.com

quote Paul Elvstrom's famous saying,
        "If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your competitors you have won nothing"

Comment

.90 outrigger...

Hey, Cool Thread, I always wondered if anybody else was into R/C.

I have a .90 Outrigger that I play with. The boat is stupid fast.. CMB .91RS engine, it's a roadrunner hull.. I love driving it.. Has all Tidewater hardware, and a Tanks To You custom alluminum fuel tank.

I also have a Aeromarine conventional style hydro, with a BH Hanson 23cc Zanoha Engine and Pipe in it. All Speedmaster hardware.

Here's a pic of the .90 my buddy took of it on Walloon Lake, in MI.

Any other Michigan RC drivers around?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tborisch; 06-04-2007, 04:40 AM.
          Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Miss Bud

Hey KG

I see you have the Miss Bud RTR packeage. I purchased that same one. I have broken by running a few tanks of gas through it, while conected to a gravity fed water source. I have tried to run it a few times at the lake though and it dies after the first straightaway. I am very much a novice to RC, any ideas? I was guessing Carb settings?

Any advice?

Thanks,
            CSH12M

Comment

To Lean.

It sounds like you are running to lean.. The problem with running on a stand vs. running in the water is that there is no load on the prop. When it's on the stand it should be spraying a good amount of raw fuel out of the pipe. One it's in the water, the engine will actually burn the fuel to make the power.. Whats happening, is it is running hard through the streight, and when you go into a corner the motor is demanding more fuel, but the carb won't give it to it.

The setting specified by the Dynamite for the engine are olny close... Go richer, it will probably help.. maybe a half turn or better.

Tom
              Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

toms right,Richen it up about an eight to a quarter turn at a time.What kind of fuel are you running?I run 30% blue thunder and my bud loves it.The engines are very sensitive to heat and humidity so you might have to try it a few times.Also make sure you pull the prop shaft and grease it every so often.I have run about 3 gallons through my bud over the last 3 years and its a fun boat.Those tunnels are sweet,I love the old school looking one and that 90 rigger should run well over 100mph.I love it.I stepped up to 40% for my ob rigger but i think i need 50-60% to get it to perform.I also need an Octura 1752 3 blade if any of ya have one.
                Bob

Comment

I dont know how to post the link but go to www.youtube.com and type in 140 mph rigger and watch how fast the electric boys are running now.Its only a 13 second clip but its so fast its unreal.
                  Bob

Comment

A few more pics.

Yeah, I have a bud 1/12th scale also, and it's a cool little boat. I run O'Donnel 30% in it, and it runs great. Got rid of the pull cord, and put a tiger drive in it.

in my rigger I run 60% Red Maxx Boat Fuel (Boat fuel has more caster in it) and it ripps. I have had the boat just over 100 on a radar gun. Thats with a custom Andy Brown CMD prop, and probably a little on the dangerous side with the fuel/air mix.

Here are a few more pics.. still waiting to hit the water for the first time this year.

-Tom
                    Attached Files
                    Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for the help guys. I think that you nailed my problem.

Tom maybe I can give it to you and you can get it singing for me. I never have a ton of time to tweak it. I would like to see it run a bit though...lol I have had it three years and never been able to make more than a lap. I heard you are starting to race in MI CSH and 20SSH, I can help you there. Hope you are going to Constantine.

Thanks for the pointers.

Dean
                      Last edited by csh12M; 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

You bet!

Hi Dean,

If you need help, im up for it.

As for racing.. I have a nice rig coming together. I have had tons of help from people like Tim Sidor and the Pater's. Im about ready to get the boat back in the water, just a few coats of poly over the west, and im done. I am thinking of heading to Constantine, not sure yet.

Take care, talk to you soon...
                        Tom
                        Last edited by tborisch; 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM.
                        Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

SAW event.

KG4, are they holding a SAW event in michigan? When is it, and were?

Thanks,
                          Tom
                          Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

Wood Stuff Tunnel Boats

I have recently (within the past year) purchased two boats
                            built by former Stock and Pro driver, Mike Crawford. He doesn't
                            have a computer but his boats can be seen on the following
                            site:

http://www.his-hershobbies.com/page/page/4226629.htm

He does a super job and his boats handle great from what I have
                            heard......been too busy with mod stuff to get my boats finished.

Also, the IMPBA internats (nitro) are going to be run in Seville, Ohio at
                            Chippewa Valley Campgrounds on July 27th to August 4th. Here
                            is link to sponsoring club:

http://www.performancemodelboatclub.com/home.htm

This is supposed to be a true international event and will have the
                            fastest and the best in the world competing.

The Gas Internats will also be in Ohio on September 14 thru 16....this
                            event will be held in Celina, Ohio. This is close to the OH/IN border
                            so will be close to those of you in Indiana. Here is site for that
                            event:

http://www.cincymbc.com/gasnats.htm

Looks like Ohio is the place to be for fast boats this summer....one
                            APBA nationals in Zanesville and R/C internats.

Hope this will be of interest to some of you out there.

Thanx,
                            Ron Saxvik (the good Sax)

Comment

going for the record?

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                              Im going for the SAW record in the 7.5 ob hydro this fall.The record is around 67 mph.
                              I look at the pics and see one FAT antenna! Aero-drag! Okay, just a wee bit of drag but every widdle bit counts when your trying to out-honk the competition. You don't need that BIG FAT ANTENNA. A short piece of music wire works. Try 1/32" and ease up the size until a 6" - 10" wire will remain sort of upright at 70 MPH. My experiance, a 1/32" wire will work just dandy . . .
                              carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
                              X