Lambertville NJ Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambertville NJ Update

The weather for this weekend looks hot but calm and dry, highs around 90 on Sat. and 80 on Sun., with the winds under 10 mph. There's a 30% chance of an isolated thunderstorm but I think that's the case for the entire country in late spring! The water in the river is just perfect, high enough to have plenty of room with no concerns but not rushing through the banks grabbing debris from the shores. I was there for a while today and didn't see a single floating object in the water other than the ducks, quack quack! One small glitch made for a disappointment though, the rescue squad that provides the concession stand bailed at the last minute yesterday. With a little more notice we could have thrown something together, I do have a definite commitment from another organization for next year though. That said, make a pitstop on the way in for some coffee, water, and sandwiches. If you forget, there's a great coffee shop and pizza place within walking distance. Saturday night there will be a pot luck dinner, Sherri Runne is coordinating it and it's always delicious, contact Sherri if you'd like to contribute. Come out and support the 20SSH Race for the Pond Cup, there will be a 2 heat final for all of you crazies! Looks like it's going to be a great weekend, see everyone in the pits.
    Future J dad!

Greg, wondering about testing on Friday? Is it registered, any time constraints? Let me know...

Comment

Abby Girl...

You can test all day friday at your own risk, no insurance, no time concerns and free of charge. Some of the patrol boats will be there tonight (thurs. pm), so if somebody can throw one in then you've got a towboat. Our club members should be there sometime friday afternoon to set up. See you then. Greg
      Last edited by Gunjumper; 05-31-2007, 03:06 AM.
      Future J dad!

Comment

Hotel or motel

I cant find a reasonably priced place to stay... any help?

Comment

Some smaller no named motels on RT.202 North

Originally posted by Fast Jack View Post
          I cant find a reasonably priced place to stay... any help?
          Fast Jack, I'm sure you checked out the Best Western in New Hope,PA. I checked some of the name brands & they were high cost & not located too close. The best thing to do is get to RT. 202 North in NJ ( take RT.179 North or RT. 29 out of Lambertville to RT.202 North) & go north until you find a little motel ( basically a dive ) RT. 202 towards Flemington,NJ has a lot of by the hour motels, you just have to put something in front of you door at night, like a couch! Really the little motels are not that bad, areas are ok too.
          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Hotels.................

Try the Ramada in Flemington. $75 per night plus tax!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by abbypond View Post
              Greg, wondering about testing on Friday? Is it registered, any time constraints? Let me know...
              Anyone who is testing on Friday please make sure you keep it below the bridge. There is a speed limit when passing under the bridge and it carries with it a hefty fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info, see y'all this weekend!

Comment

Anyone coming to Lambertville from the north will want to exit RT 202 early.
                  Take Rt 179 south (from Ringoes) to traffic light, turn right onto Bridge St. Proceed to pits.
                  Construction in the north end of Lambertville will make it a tight fir for large rigs.
                  broccoli

Comment

As of 8:30 there is a 5 hour delay on 95 south at the George Washington Bridge. Bridge is closed both ways. If you are coming from the North check the traffic before you do, I not sure when it will open again and how long it will take to clear traffic stretching into Connecticut.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X