Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterford, ON June 22-24!

Hey all,

Waterford, Ontario will soon be upon us again!

June 22-23-24! At your risk testing on the 22. Racing 23-24.
    Click here for map to Waterford Map

Supported by:
    Proctor Marine, Simcoe, ON - www.ProctorMarine.com
    VanValkenburg & Son Jewelers, Forest, ON - www.VanValkenburgs.ca
    The Band, Bolt Upright: www.indiepad.com/artists/artists.php?AID=672
    Spinmaster Ltd, Toronto, ON - www.SpinMaster.com

PASSPORTS!!! At this time a passport is NOT required to DRIVE over the border back into the USA. I myself have crossed over a few times this year with just drivers license and birth certificate. NEXT year you will need a passport to get back into the USA. So if you don't plan on getting one, this summer will be your last chance to come up and enjoy Canada and hanging out with some Crazy Canucks. If you are nervous about crossing the border, just bring a copy of the APBA Circular as proof of what you are up to. I've never heard of anyone having troubles in years though.

County Park Vehicle fee... $8/car/day (motelers) or $25 overnight camping (same as last year). you can camp in the pits or ask for a true campsite. All of these fees go to the park, none to TORC. Electrical hook ups too. (I believe included)

No ambulance problems as the Ontario race series hires a dedicated team for all races, this will be our 3rd year with the team and they've been great.

Again this year the club has hired a band "Bolt Upright" for free live entertainment Saturday night at 8pm-11pm.

Also again this year will be Pushboat Races for the young or young at heart Saturday after the real races. 1-2-3 Trophies for the kids class. Pride for the 'Big Kids' class (someone knock Graham Fralick off the podium!). 'Best in Show' award too. So help your kid make em look good! If you need plans to make one with your kid or more info or would like to donate something to this let me know.

As a special award this year, not sure how it will be awarded yet, but we have one of those "Storm Launcher" radio controlled flying hydroplanes to give away! www.stormlauncher.com A big thank you to the Spinmaster company for this!!

This event is the second event of the 2007 Meals on Wheels Charity Race Series. The pot sits at about $2000 so far. The Waterford area MOW office was exstatic about the donation they received for last year. Help support this great cause by joining the Series!

For those that have never been here, it's a great well sheltered county run park. We run a tri-oval shaped course. Everyone seems to love it. It's a private lake with no boats allowed normally. Beach or grass pits, your pick. Good fishing/swimming afterwards. Play ground for the kids. Washrooms. Food/burger stand on site. I compare it to Franklin, PA only everything is a little smaller.

Trophies for JH and AXSH Saturday. Medals and nominal value prizes for other classes.

Classes:

Pushboat 0-15 or so
    Pushboat 15+
    (could change depending on who shows up)

FAH
    AMH
    BMH
    CMH
    DMH
    FEH

ASR
    CSR
    ASH
    CSH
    DSH
    25SSH
    20SSH

Classic BSH
    Classic DSH

JH
    AXSH

Hope to see you all there!! Any questions, let me know and I'll answer as best I can.

I'll be there with an ASR and ASH, and a Pushboat too
    Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Us Border Crossing

For anyone crossing the border, you can bring food across. Stop at the duty free for beer & liquor as it's cheaper there than in Ontario .Or bring your own.
    We had no problems going to Franklin we just had ID's and a copy of the race circular.
    Pit crew for the WEBSTERS

Comment

Hey Lori i think i am gonna bring the american beer over.....
      MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

Good idea Skippy, I don't think you can handle ours.
        Pit crew for the WEBSTERS

Comment

ouch!!! Lori, I think you're on to something there

Comment

nothing wrong with that i just want to be able to drive in csh.
            MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

FEH at Waterford

If I remember, is this a fairly short course? just curious on how much room there is to maneuver. Hope to see a few FE's there....

Comment

Yes it's a shorter course. In bigger classes they use their judgement and limit them to 8-9 boat heats give or take. Maping the course in CAD software it comes out at a 3/4 of mile long. We usually run two tighter corners (but still decent, 3-4 pins) and a sweeper dog leg on the back stretch to make a tri-oval. It's a fun course! Gives you a bit of everything in one lap. Maybe Dave Scott will chime in, or someone who runs the bigger classes. I've never had a problem in A Hydro, haha. Last year we ran EP V Bottoms there.

I have boat cam video of a lap, I'll see if I can find it and post it in YouTube next week (someone remind me )
                Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 05-30-2007, 08:41 AM.
                Fralick Racing

Comment

Course length

We have ran 7 D"s on this course with no problems. this first turn gets a little fun but a mid course prop will handle the dog leg in the back stretch. It is a long run run from the 1st turn exit to the last turn into the chute. It's awesome to race on. Jim Robb etc have all ran there Fe's there and liked it.

Regards,
                  Dave Scott
                  Aim Marine Inc.
                  613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                  Ottawa, Canada
                  http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
                  DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Call me

Originally posted by Hunter Grimes 4th View Post
                    If I remember, is this a fairly short course? just curious on how much room there is to maneuver. Hope to see a few FE's there....
                    Hunter,

Can you have your dad send me a note, I am ready for that exhaust. I am picking up the boat this weekend and would like to fire this FE Motor.

Thanks,
                    Dave Scott
                    Aim Marine Inc.
                    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                    Ottawa, Canada
                    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
                    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Plenty Of Room

It is a blast to run the FEH's at this course. It makes you drive instead of ride. You have top end speed and you need punch and a good cornering boat. THis is the funnest course I have been on. Is funnest even a word ?

You can fit 10 big hydros on it, it gets crowded and makes for some great racing. Hard place to get blown out of as well. You will lose your awning on the trailer before the course will get blow out. Had that happen once.

Neat park, good people. Not a lot of rules as far as can't do this and that, or that and this. Just show up and race and have fun.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

exhaust

Dave, I'll relay the message to HG3. Sounds like a fun course,hopefully we can get a hand full of FE's.
                        Thanks,Hunter 4th

Comment

Mow

Andrew, I think I signed on for this years MOW series. Should I have received anything via mail? If not, no problem, I'll just have to make sure I'm at the first series race. See you at Waterford.
                          Hunter Grimes 4th
                          FEH 93-N

Comment

Hunter, yup, just checked, you are signed up... i thought it was your father actually, but it's you

I usually send out emails to people, but I've been so busy trying to get the inboard ready for my first race this weekend that I've dropped the ball.

Hopefully I'll be back in the groove once Carleton place outboard event is over.

Until I get back in the groove keep you eye here for MOW updates:
                            http://cbf.hyperboards.com

For MOW races, see this thread:
                            http://cbf.hyperboards.com/index.php...pic&topic_id=7

For MOW drivers, see this thread:
                            http://cbf.hyperboards.com/index.php...ic&topic_id=81

Andrew
                            Fralick Racing

Comment

Ok this is just over a week away!

One thing I forgot to mention is we have a special prize, not sure how it will be awarded yet, but we have one of those "Storm Launcher" radio controlled flying hydroplanes to give away!
                              https://www.spinmaster.com/product.p...=16204&s=storm
                              A big thank you to the Spinmaster company for this!!

We made our reservations for good weather the band is good to go for Saturday night! Come on up and enjoy this great event!!
                              Fralick Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X