Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Race

All I can SAY IS WOW!!!!!

I would like to say thanks to the Three Rivers Outboard on a great race over this past weekend. Racing was done by 3:30pm Sunday was on the road by 5:30pm Mike Marshal and the whole race committe should given some kind of a award for a perfect race from start to finish

Jim
    7-M
    Parker Robb Racing

Franklin 2007

Our first time there. Had alot of fun. Thanks TRORA. To bad this site is being lost. Would like to race there again.
    Last edited by Tomtall; 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM.
    Tom L.

Comment

Awesome Race Weekend!

Originally posted by meanred View Post

I would like to say thanks to the Three Rivers Outboard on a great race over this past weekend. Racing was done by 3:30pm Sunday was on the road by 5:30pm Mike Marshal and the whole race committe should given some kind of a award for a perfect race from start to finish

Jim
      7-M
      Parker Robb Racing
      Jim is so correct! This race weekend was put on excellent with team work from everyone, even the racers doing the correct things, most of the time. Troy buddy you missed a great one! My thanks again to the 3 Rivers Group! See you all soon!
      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Franklin

Originally posted by meanred View Post

Jim
        7-M
        Parker Robb Racing
        Great race, good water and good pits, had a great time, and got a lot accomplished on the test day. Thanks Three Rivers! Bob & Don Rusnak N-9 D MOD Run.

Comment

Great Weekend...........................

Nice to see somebody other than Hearn who gets the show on the road early!!!! Nine AM drivers meeting meant 9am and on the water at 10am!!

All the classes got run 2 days and it was actually light out when we all got back to the motel after the race day ended!!

We hope the club can reverse the decision of the county to close the park for good for racing,Franklin has always been a great location to compete and one of the few races that draws full fields of J Class. And we always get to see our Canadian buddies!!

Later

Matt & Val
          Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 05-28-2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Franklin

From photos sent to me, this spot looks great for racing. Everyone should get together and see if the lake and park could be left open for further racing. Was a reason mentioned for the closure?
            Ye Olde Desert Geezer (oldracer) Al Lang

Comment

Originally posted by oldracer View Post
              From photos sent to me, this spot looks great for racing. Everyone should get together and see if the lake and park could be left open for further racing. Was a reason mentioned for the closure?
              Ye Olde Desert Geezer (oldracer) Al Lang
              I want to nip this post in the bud before any wrong information regarding the loss or continuance of our Franklin race gets discussed. I also feel we should let club officers, governing board, club members and park officials work on this issue and get all of the facts straight before we consider this excellent race site is lost. We can effectively pursue a unified course of action once we are all informed of what we are up against. And then Jerry Brewster (TRORA Commodore) can inform all of us what's happening in our club website's commodore's report.

Rick Wagner Sr.
              member of TRORA governing board.
              Last edited by Wagneracing06; 05-29-2007, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for coming out once again. And Thanks for the compliments. The race committee did a fantastic job from Friday thru Sunday. I could not be more proud of those who helped. I owe a huge thank you to my father for allowing me to have such a great experience on the stand. Jen Rice & Carl Holt were on the stand all weekend and did a fantastic job. In fact, everyone who helped us on the stand did great! Also, to you racers. Our turnboat changes were very quick all weekend. Also, there were very few drivers in the water and NO BUOYS destroyed. Mother Nature was also on our side...very lucky to get done before the rain.

As for the race site, the "petition sheet" really wasn't a petition but will be put together with a letter from myself asking for permission to use the water in 2008. We know the park will be under new management. The sheets will be sent to the proper people at the right time as evidence of those who come to Franklin from far away and make an enormous impact in the local economy. TRORA will do everything it can to continue racing at this great site. At this point, it's definitely not lost, we just haven't talked to the new management so we simply don't know. Only time will tell.

Again, I could thank countless numbers of people who helped this weekend but I don't want to leave anyone out. Thank you all very much for such an enjoyable weekend & learning experience.

Jerry Brewster
                Last edited by Brew56; 05-29-2007, 06:52 AM.
                www.trora.com

Comment

can some post the results for the race

Comment

some results (unofficial)

Dominic,

I'm awaiting the summ sheet copies from our scorer Jen Rice. But I will mention some of what I saw from the stand.

AXSH - Valerie was dominant. Abby Pond drove great. Jonathan Brewster 2nd Sat, 4th Sun.

CSH - Scott Clark was tough, followed by Robarge & Silvestri. Rick Wagner, Jr with a solid 4th Saturday.

20SSH - AJ Jennings - fastest on the water all weekend. Won both days I believe. Passed Matt D on the outside. Wiegel was 3rd Saturday. Rookie Jesse Ward finished 4th Saturday in first race ever.

JH - Dylan Runne, James Luce, Michael Sweeney & Mike Werner top contenders with Runne winning both days I believe.

CMH - Palmquist won Sat, Clark won Sunday.

BMR - Jeff Williams 1st, Bob Sax new rig ran well but jumped on Sat.

CMR - Battle Sat b/t Davids & Williams. Sunday Williams got the win.

ASH/AXSR - Someone fill these in...can't remember.

FEH - Best race of weekend ...Palmer & Palmquist side by side. Great race. I know Palmquist won Sunday.

CSR - Davids & Silvestri. Davids won 3/4 heats to win both days. I believe he had to pass Joe on the outside all 3 heats.
                    www.trora.com

Comment

Going Through It Quickly

Isn't it amazing what can happen when one starts the drivers' meeting on time and then proceeds to start the racing on time also. Just proves that it can be done. It just takes the cooperation of everyone to make it happen. Thanks to Mike Marshall for leading the charge!

Comment

ASH-Sat. was Mike Kench 1st, Abby Pond 2nd, and I think Dylan Justice 3rd. Sun. was Earl "The Hitman" Desiato 1st, Kench 2nd, and Abby 3rd.
                        Ryan Runne
                        9-H
                        Wacusee Speedboats
                        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Great Race! I great time at my first race and wanted to thank everyone for their help getting me started in the right direction.

Jesse Ward 15-S

Jack Stotts if you have a minute could you please give me a call 330-323-8837
                          Jesse Ward 15-S

Comment

Military Mind!!!

Jack, so true that NBRA race at Centralia that U presided over was a good one also.
                            I don't make many races but that one sounds like a good one.
                            RichardKCMo
                            Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                            Isn't it amazing what can happen when one starts the drivers' meeting on time and then proceeds to start the racing on time also. Just proves that it can be done. It just takes the cooperation of everyone to make it happen. Thanks to Mike Marshall for leading the charge!
                            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Sax's Hydrobout

How did Sax's new Silvestri designed Hydrobout run ? Looks like she will be a floater. Of course we all need sun glasses to watch it run on the water.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X