New Jersey J Class Legislation update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey J Class Legislation update

Today Peggy Wendt(APBA Board Director), myself, and Kaitlyn went to testify at the NJ State Senate Transportation Committee meeting on behalf of getting the J class reinstated in NJ. The good news is the motion carried unanimously to approve the reading. However, the bad news is it is for age 13-16. It seems our State Attorney General is vehemently against lowering the age under 13 and the Senator that introduced the bill wanted something to pass instead of nothing. It will now move to the Senate, House and Governor for passage. A glimmer of hope may come from the Governors office as a gentleman ran out of the room after me to get my name, title and address. I am having Kaitlyn write a "personal" letter to Governor Corzine tonight. While this is a small victory, especially for the Inboard category, I won't give up until we have an exemption to cover all the kids that are entitled to race in the J class. Jill Glossner

1 Step at a time

Jill: get it passed for 13-16 first; then go back after it's signed into law and complain like crazy for the 9, 10, 11 and 12 y.o's. BTW: They don't require drivers licenses for 6 year-olds on go carts in NJ. Good work. Ed
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Nice Work

Yes, nice work.

I work politics in Florida for a living, and you should know what you have accomplished is quite impressive.

Ed is right - Take the win and come back to fight next Legislative Session. How does one eat a cow? One steak at a time.

I suggest sending thank you notes to all the Legislators who voted with you. Also, any driver who lives in their Legislative Districts may want to volunteer to stuff envelopes for their re-election campaigns in an attempt to win friends for the next Legislative Session.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a lobbyist and special interest group.

Doug McAlarney, 50-F

Comment

Working...
      X