Top 16 APBA Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 16 APBA Racers

I was looking at the Stock Nationals website. Very impressive site over all, exactly the type of site needed for a Nationals.

I found this Top 16 APBA Stock Racers page on the site http://07nationals.com/power16.html while looking around the site.

Come on Feamster ... No Matt D'Agostino? He's cleaning up in the 20SSH Series. No Billy Allen? What about Bill Giles? Mark Miserek? What's Jerry Davids doing down at 15? I rarely have ever seen D'Agostino or Davids lose a race.

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
    I was looking at the Stock Nationals website. Very impressive site over all, exactly the type of site needed for a Nationals.

I found this Top 16 APBA Stock Racers page on the site http://07nationals.com/power16.html while looking around the site.

Come on Feamster ... No Matt D'Agostino? He's cleaning up in the 20SSH Series. No Billy Allen? What about Bill Giles? Mark Miserek? What's Jerry Davids doing down at 15? I rarely have ever seen D'Agostino or Davids lose a race.
    who's this tell us who number one or 15

RICHARD J BIRD
    TEAM
    MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
    THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
    MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Power Rankings

It's refreshing to see a sport that doesn't have an East Coast bias.
      hauenstein outboard team
      186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Rick did the publisher of that ranking chart get into your stash?
        mike ross

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
          Rick did the publisher of that ranking chart get into your stash?
          you know i was thinking. and we all that is bad to think.lol but i was wondering what stash he was in maybe its yours mike. it is he veiws and we all have them , i guess it is how we put them out there to see

RICHARD J BIRD
          TEAM
          MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
          THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
          MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Don't have much to say when I visit the site. Like to read & laugh at all the stuff I miss. But I have to say, If this is the list of lists, I'll have to find some stuff to run. Don't have to worry about little mikey w/ his orange rocket ship or the red rocket from up in cheeseland, or that ugly 25 & 12m boats or how that guy dana or something. He was fast. Or mike fella from NJ? Flipped alot, but tuff as nails. Or giles and allen from up east, they talked funny, but fast. Or the family of foxs from MI, always flying. And those ross brothers,always out front. That guy worm or batman, something?
            And I all most forgot, that kid who used to get beat on every weekend by 3 older brothers, but loved going to races. What ever happen to him,24-Q Dominic, I heard he won a few races the last couple of years. But since he is not around any more maybe I can win a few heats.

Comment

If you were in a boat you sure would be all FIRED UP! Let:s GO!

Comment

I think it is pretty cool....

I dont agree, but I think the idea is pretty cool! Fun, thoughtful and provacative. It would be neat if it could really work across all kneel down catagories. Kind of like the fight for the HOC, but in an open forum.

Keep up the good work, it gives us all some fun positive things to talk about.

CSH12M

Comment

Agree with Dean

While it might not be everybody's list - it is sure entertaining.

The guys who cranked up the Nationals website have done a great job and the opinions page, while we all might not agree, is sure a good read. I am sure they have some method to their maddness on how they came up with the list and it would be interesting for them to show their work. But even if they were just pulling names out of a hat - it is still entertaining.

If you think about it - to do it 100% accurately, you would need a major computer (and geek to run it) on par with the BCS. Enter in every driver for each class and add weight based on past accomplishments then compare each race against who they beat then weight the class against the others - to get a true power ranking. My head hurts just thinking about it.
                  Brian 10s

Comment

hmmm...

I thinks it a pretty good rundown of today's drivers...
                    http://vitalire.com/

Comment

We have (a couple of) Winners!

Brian and Dean get it.

R-19
                      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Interesting list. The best part is that most everyone on it will be in Moses Lake this summer.

craig
                        broccoli

Comment

I Like It...

See, the LOVE OF THE SPORT is what makes Boat Racing what it is....Whoever made this list LOVES THIS SPORT.

I learned, early in my Boat Racing life that not EVERYONE WAS "RON HILL" but Ron Hill had fans that loved to see him go.....Anyone that is enough of a student of the game, to make a Top 16 list, Loves this sport.....

Keep the list GOING...

ADD: Bill Coberly, passed away more than ten years ago. He said, near the end of his life, he'd always been a fan of mine, since the TV days of Speedboat Rodeo....As a RICH Newport Beach Kid, Son of Coberly Ford Dealership, his father would never let him race...Bill never raced himself until he was 50....But Bill sponsored race boats most of his life...He loved Boat racing and read ever word written about Boat Racing.

Take the time to read a motorcycle magazine....Those articles are written by people who LOVE motorcycles...

This list is cool....THANKS!!!!

Last ADD;

If I was racing Stocks, my goal would be to be the Top of 16, at least make the list!!!

But Gary Lewis, is not an 8...He's done, I think!!!
                          Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-25-2007, 09:17 AM.

Comment

This is great! And a really nice website to check out too. It’s a lot of fun!

I did some research on the #1 spot (Jon drives The 305, but also his 499 45ss and most recently the 499r DSH). These are the last five races.

2006 AOF Nationals:
                            1st-20ssH
                            1st-OSY400
                            2007 APBA Winter Nationals:
                            1st-CSH
                            1st-20ssH
                            Lake Lawrence:
                            1st-CSH
                            1st-20ssH
                            1st-45ss (both days)
                            Kitsap:
                            1st-DSH (first time ever in a D and only class entered).
                            Newberg:
                            2nd?-45sst (only class entered?).

Only started running 20ss in '05 and CSH in '06, which is why we may not recognize the name.

...better enjoy this while we can, as all the fast guys (I hope) will be at Nationals this year. I haven't seen a lot of you racers since '94 Wakefield.

Jimi O (305)

Comment

Working...
                            X