Kitsap Race / Region 10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitsap Race / Region 10.

I heard there were first time winners in JSH and DSH. Congrats!!!!

I look forward to any reports, and especially some photos of that new/old DSH!!!!

305-R

PS: Nice work, Jon. "We're never to young to learn something old......".

that would be JR not JH-- yes Jared Martin in JR

Comment

I think Susan forgot someone here

Let's not forget the winner of the coveted Mayor's Cup for 2007, Ashley Rucker! 11 J hydro's registered, 10 lasted till Sunday (first day of racing) and 8 made legal starts. Great driving by all, not a single incident.

Also, we had something there I haven't seen at an SOA race in quite a while, a CW boat number. John Glenn (Glenn's not his last name, I didn't get the full details) and his lovely girlfriend made it down from Victoria BC for the race. It was very fortunate that we were at least able to get 1 heat in for his sake. Next time you think your travel costs are high imagine $140 one way ferry tickets added to your weekend racing expenses. Hope to see them at more races in the future.

Good job by John, Dwight and the whole race committee for dealing with the bad weather and still getting some racing in. They said on the news last night we set a new record for rainfall on that date, not the kind of record we were hoping for.
      Moby Grape Racing
      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Susan do you remember if Jared was using a Mercury or OMC. I built a Merc for them and Doug said it ran pretty good when they tested it.
        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Merc

It was the Merc and he is really doing well with it.
          Sheryl

Comment

Thanks Sheryl glad to hear Jared is doing well, I never met them in person but Doug is a super guy and Jared loves boat racing and that what its all about. Theres nothing like seeing the big smile on the kids faces when they do well.
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Naaah I didnt forget about Ashley winning the Mayor's cup. Just being my niece and all I was trying to be modest. I was proud of her and her driving in those water conditions. I figured Little Miss No Fear wouldve been the first to go for a swim. All the kids did a great job of driving!!!

Comment

11 Jh

That was so cool to watch. Even if only 8 of them made a start...still cool. When i first starting running JH it was only Zach, Keely, and I for a couple of years. Then the neilsons showed up too. Region 10 has done a great job building and recruiting new J drivers for the future of outboard racing. Great job by all this weekend.

Kyle

P.S. New/Old oberto DSH was really fast...had to watch him pass me on the outside ...nice driven john
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Jh

A well deserved thank you needs to go to David Williams and the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum as a number of the "J" kids have come from the "build a boat" program.

This year we still have 2-3 more to get on the water as the season progresses.

It has been a few years out here since I have seen more than 12 boats show up for a class and I have no doubt this season it will be JH doing the duty.

As far back as I can remember we have never had elim's in J

Carl
                  94-R

Comment

I agree

I agree fully with everybody about the J's. That was some really really cool stuff to watch. There was more passing, jockying for position, and tight racing in that class in both heats then I've seen in most finals at nationals. Again well done kids... you're already making me sweat about having to beat you when you move up
                    Good job to all in staying dry... well in your boats anyway
                    Mike 32-R/US-1

Comment

The drivers agree

Judging from the look on Addison Harper's face in this pic, it must have been as exciting for the drivers to watch the J's as it was for the spectators....

R-19
                      Attached Files
                      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Priceless

That is indeed what it is about. The rewards adults get is that big smile and the constant nagging to go to another race..... gotta love it.

Conrats to all the kids out there on a fine job, looks like y'all had a ton of fun !!
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Great photo and it looks like more fun than T-Ball. Makes me want to rethink Gino's future in racing (but he's only 5)!!!

...and speaking of past J stock drivers grown up, how 'bout posting a picture of that D stock?

305 R

Comment

Young "J" Drivers ...

What is the age range of the current fleet of young guns? How old() is young Mr. Harper.

PS: Addisons' boat doesn't look like it came from the HARM factory!
                            Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
                              What is the age range of the current fleet of young guns? How old() is young Mr. Harper.

PS: Addisons' boat doesn't look like it came from the HARM factory!
                              9-14, Brian thinks Addison is 11. He is driving Norm Coote's (sp?) stuff, Norm used to race, now he's fixed up some J-A stuff for kids he recruits to drive. He also has the old design AU out there, wood grain (dark brown) and yellow trim, in JR.

Neal if you're on the fringe then I must be dead center

Comment

Working...
                              X