Posters Form Yester-Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters Form Yester-Year

Anyone Remember these? I was looking through our stock of prints, and I came across these and many others. Makes me want to put on my Mercury Racing Tyvek jacket, hightops and cut my hair into a mullet...
    Attached Files
    http://vitalire.com/

the person who did these fine posters is driving the runabout in the lower right hand corner of the poster below. That was the height of DSH Jon Stone in a Flyer Showing them the way around. MIkey
    mike ross

Comment

I've still got that merc challenge poster. Had it in my room all four years of college! It's a cool poster.

Kyle

PS: the ladies like it!
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I don't have any poster but do have a old pennant I got at my very first boat race which happened to be the SO Nationals. I was tempted to bring it out for the 2004 Nationals at Whitney Point but wasn't sure it could have stood a week outside and was too pressed for time to frame it properly. You guys will be hard pressed to find one older, the stuff you're posting isn't even 20 years old. This was even before Craig Dewald went to the Nationals. I'll get a pic here in the next day or so

Comment

Regarding the Merc Challenge Poster (I have 1 in my shop too), I always wondered about the runabout in the lower right hand corner. Looks like he's got a different type of throttle. Is that just an illusion or does he have something different?

And is that an early iteration B&H hydro 2nd from the outside with a long tower 25SS?

Just wondering.

BRB
          Fast Boats Built Slow

Comment

Vintage Autographs

I still have a wet & wild poster autographed by 30 or so boat racers from when I was 7 years old. A bunch of racers signed it for me when I got hit in the face by a golf club at the '92 nationals. It's fun to look back at it and see everyone who signed it and how many of them are still racing.

Comment

If saved . . .

there's numerous "Wet and Wild" and "Fast and Furious" posters in Region 4 because I plastered store windows in the various towns we raced in back then. Great posters, good adverts for the sport.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Posters

I still have bunch of the Runnabout and Hydro posters done by Bobby Austin when I was VP.

Warbs
                64*W

Comment

More posters

Merc's were plenty. 198?
                  Attached Files
                  Tom L.

Comment

Trenton

Even thou the picture was from Miami Marine Stadium the Trenton race is a tradition that still is.
                    Attached Files
                    Tom L.

Comment

warbs, a bunch? How about a couple for our shop?

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                        the person who did these fine posters is driving the runabout in the lower right hand corner of the poster below. That was the height of DSH Jon Stone in a Flyer Showing them the way around. MIkey
                        Mikey, any way to contact who that person is (seriously, I don't know who it is...)?

I'd like to possibly get an updated version of the poster so I can print up a few thousand and give it out to all the clubs to help with promoting races.

Thanks, John.
                        http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Bobby Austin
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

1975 Miami

Originally posted by Tomtall View Post
                            Even thou the picture was from Miami Marine Stadium the Trenton race is a tradition that still is.
                            A day I will never forget two week old Stipish (sp) Tunnel blue sky where water should be.

Comment

Posters

We literally had 2 pallets of them in our house at one time. I'll find out from Mom if she has the graphic or if Bobby still has it.
                              Shawn Breisacher

Comment

Working...
                              X