Who Made This???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Made This???

This came with a H-midsection from the estate of Phil Crown. Was this a Quincy Welding part? If not, who's might it be?
    Roger
    Attached Files

origin of part

I could very well be wrong, but I believe it is a Quincy part. I had a C Flathead in the late 60's early 70's that came with one of these on it. Gene East could probably tell you for sure. I pretty sure he is a member here. Look at the member list and e-mail him.

Comment

That is most definitely a Quincy plate.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Quincy All In One

Yes thats a Quincy Welding item,made everything in one.Your steering bar throttle cable hold down.Theres another part to it and it goes up above the carbs and mag on the starter and mag supports so you can add a splash shield.And they even put carrying handles on the sides.
        Daniel Lee Crabtree

Comment

Called an Adaptor Plate

They are still being used in the Mod Division today by a few folks. Makes it easy to adapt a Merc or OMC for that matter, to any tower housing. We use it on our OMC and Mercs. We can then use either our Parker Tower, or Bass Tower without much trouble.

Quincy Welding, the Legend still lives.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
          X