Huntington IN race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington IN race

I just got the sanction for this race. I was hoping to run it this year but it looks like no stock runabouts will be run? The sanction states ash,csh,dsh, but no asr, no b class at all, no csr or dsr.
    Gene Schertz 26V
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll
    Reeds for Speed!

Rethink your thinking

Don't be discouraged. Bring your stock stuff and race Mod. Any stock runabout is a legal Mod runabout. And runabouters are always welcome!

Mary
    Jeff
    5-P

Comment

Indeed

It is a Mod race with a few stock classes invited. Run in CMR, or DMR. There should be plenty of DMR, I should be there for DMR. Pearsons ran his stock in DMR once, and ran well. I think that was at Hillsdale last year.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

"J" runabout

It's been asked several times to add "J" runabout to the already "J" hydro class. I do not see what the big deal is for letting the kids race both classes. But I guess it isn't going to happen. Will find another race to go to.
        Tom L.

Comment

How ABout

Letting Adam run FAR ? I thought I heard he has tested without restrictiors. Might be a good time to try it racing ?

I dunno, just a thought, but wish you luck this year, tell Adam to go get em in the kids classes.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

No

He's running AXSH and AXSR this year Dave. Which I know there a lot of kids racing this year and the "J" runabout class as well. The junior runabout classes have grown alot in the last two years. This means hopefully as these kids get older the bigger runabout classes will stay active and grow. I seriously doubt there would be enough FAR's at Huntington to make a full field. That class seems to be faultering, which is to bad because it was a easy one to step into at a mod race if you run "A" runabout. I would just like to see the clubs have both runabouts and hydros on the sanctions for the kids. They are the future of the sport. I know that clubs have to make sacrifices in order to make a good race but this should not be one of those sacrifises. Just my view on the matter. Majority rules.
            Last edited by Tomtall; 05-07-2007, 10:22 AM.
            Tom L.

Comment

Tom,
              JH, JR and AXSH (not AXSR) will be run at Huntington this year. Dave Mason is correct that this was a Modified only race and the IOA invited a few classes of Stock at the request of Michigan Hydro.

Note that the Wabash Technologies plaques will revert back the first place winner of the Sunday Race as it was years ago. Not the overall winner of both days.

Also, the new race director for Huntington is Terry Witham. See Sanction 1848.

- Bob Koschka (Retired Race Director - 20 years)

Comment

Bob

Thank you very much for the update and to IOA for including the runabouts in the "J" class this year. Not sure why it wouldn't be done for AXSR as well but I'm sure there is a good reason. Nice to here about the Wabash plaque being done like the old days. Might come down after all. IOA does a nice job at that site. And yes I understand that it is a MOD race with gratis being done for the stocks to compete. Thanks.
                Tom L.

Comment

Time

It is mostly a time issue. It takes a full day to run all of the stock classes. MH runs 2 mod classes and we thank them. The IOA is running 4 or 5 stock classes. I would love to see every racer hit the water, but I do not want to finish at 6:30 at night.

I live 15min from Constantine and my DMR sits in the trailer. I would love to have DMR on the schedule...Hint Hint. Or DMR in Big Rapids triple Hint. I take my token ride in DMH or a sacrificial ride in FEH and get to catch a start and a checkered flag or two.

I can say confidently your voices have been heard by the IOA board and hard choices were made.

With that said, try an IOA race you will have a blast! The IOA is home of the Modifieds and one heck of a host in general. Looking forward to a 2007 Mod Nationals like no other.

Comment

Ioa & Mhra...

...are truly the 2 best clubs in the country at what they do (MO & SO respectively). And I have raced in nearly every region with many clubs.

IOA has done a great job evolving. 20 years ago they could field ALL MO classes and were the last APBA club to be able to have MO only events. In time some classes dwindled while others thrived. IOA has some great feilds in select classes now and it makes for a good program. And they have cooperated with MHRA as much as possible. They do not want to get in the trap of running from 9am to 7pm - AND I DON'T BLAME THEM ! The IOA is laid back and all about having fun.

Tom, Adam has tons of classes he can run. Most people will go to an event if they can run 1 class. Adam will be fine running 3 instead of 4. Get him on plane better this year so everyone is not waiting on him... lol.

Brian, although I have no official responsibility in MHRA anymore, I confidently say DMR's future at an MHRA event looks bleak. You say AXR becomes a time issue at an IOA event... Do you know how many entries, classes, heats MHRA runs in a day?!? They are looking to drop classes, not add them. Sorry, no offensive...

Huntington is a great little race course. Koschka Bob ran a great event. Good luck to Terry to do the same.
                    kladd-

Comment

It is all about time. Yea I know it is a long shot but I will keep dropping the hint. We had 9-10 DMR at Huntington last year. More DMR drivers = more patrol boat people who don't have to change motors 3 times. 40 second laps... you see where I am going with this.

As DSR drops off the planet maybe we replace it with DMR. There were not enough DSR last year... The 44xs guy are all buying pipes. Just a seed... maybe the DSR's are ok running for mod points.

I will see you at Huntington in my DMR and Constantine in the 33M Hydro!

Comment

Working...
                      X